Chapter 51

Engfa’s POV

Obviously Charlotte shut down the idea very quickly about me racing. She was scared that something was going to happen and I didn't push it since she's right. It’s been a week since we arrived in Italy, and everything has been going surprisingly well. Charlotte and Olivia seem to enjoy the change of scenery. I took them both to see my place here, and today, I’m showing Charlotte the law firm. We’re leaving Italy in two days, but I have a feeling we’ll be back sooner than later.

Right now, I’m on my way to meet Pichy at one of her warehouses. She mentioned needing to discuss something important. P’Sun is driving, and once we’re done, I’ll be heading over to meet up with Charlotte.

“Do you have any idea what she wants to talk about?” I ask, glancing at P’Sun.

He hesitates for a moment before replying, “Yeah, I do, but if Pichy finds out I spilled anything, she’ll kill me.”

I roll my eyes. “You work for me, remember? I’m your boss, so stop taking orders from Pichy.”

P’Sun smirks. “Like I've said before you’ll always be my second boss. Besides, you’re not nearly as scary as she is.”

“You're annoying,” I mutter under my breath.

The rest of the ride is silent until we pull up to the warehouse. P’Sun gets out first, retrieves my crutches, and hands them to me. The pain isn’t as intense anymore, but it’s still there.

I start making my way toward the warehouse, with P’Sun following closely behind. Pichy’s men spot us and quickly open the door.

“You’re late,” Pichy says, leaning casually against the wall.

“P’Sun drives like a grandma,” I tease.

“I’m just following orders from your future wife. She said not to drive fast,” P’Sun retorts, grinning.

I smile at the mention of Charlotte being my future wife but quickly focus on Pichy. “So, what’s up?”

“What do you want me to do with them?” she asks, nodding toward the back of the warehouse.

I squint, trying to see what she’s talking about, and my breath catches in my throat when I spot Jack and Liam tied to chairs, their faces a bloody mess.

“You found them?” I manage to whisper.

Pichy nods, and I take a deep breath. “When Isabella and I were kidnapped, you didn’t ask me what I wanted to do with the guy. What’s different now?”

“That man hurt Isabella and left her with nightmares. He almost killed you. I didn’t need anyone’s opinion on what to do with him,” Pichy replies coldly.

“Are you ever going to tell me what you did to him?” I ask, my voice barely above a whisper.

Pichy remains silent for a moment before changing the subject. “Those two hurt you and your family, so you get to decide this time.”

Her deflection tells me all I need to know.

I slowly walk toward Jack and Liam, taking in their unconscious forms. Their faces are barely recognizable.

“Did you have to beat them this badly?” I ask, not really expecting an answer.

Pichy shrugs. “I needed to send a message that no one messes with my family without consequences.”

I sigh, tired of this endless cycle of violence. “Teach Liam a lesson. He deserves it. As for Jack, do whatever you need to. I just don’t want to see either of them again.”