Chapter 16

(A/N: Hey people! We are extremely sorry for late update. Anyways, we don't want to waste your time. So, here you go with chapter 16. We need more votes and comments. Loads of love.)
--------------

~~Nandini's POV~~
I hear a knock on the door. I quickly stood up and wiped my tears. I opened the door and found Naman, panting.

Nandini: "Naman... Baby, kya hua?"

Naman: "Uff... Umph.... Manik... Manik."

Nandini: "Manik? Manik ko kya hua?"

Naman: "Mom, Manik fainted."

Cabir: "What?"

Naman: "Haan..."

Nandini: "Okay. I'll go and check. Cabir, please tum bacchho ko unke ghar pe drop kar do. And if possible, take Naman and Nidhi also." Cabir smiles at me, and I know why. He is smiling at my concern towards Manik. I can't bear anything happening to my Manik, not in front of me.

Cabir: "Okay fine. Nandini, take care huh?" He winks at me. "Naman, chalo. Let's go downstairs." Cabir and Naman leave the room.

I go to my room and see Manik laying unconscious there. I go to my bedside table and take my bottle of water. I sprinkle some water on him and he wakes up but his eyes are still closed. I run to him and sit beside him. I gently put his head on my lap. Small tears start welling up in my eyes.

Nandini: "Manik... Manik, please utho na? Please open your eyes and look at me. Manik..." I run my hand on his forehead. He feels my touch and a small smile appeared on his face. He immediately holds my other hand, which is lying on his chest and keeps our hands close to his heart.

Manik: "Nand... Nandi... Nandini...." He pants, slowly regaining consciousness.

Nandini: "Manik... I am here only." I say fast, trying to control my tears.

Manik: "Nandini, please don't leave me. Please mere saath raho. Humesha, humesha ke liye... I am sorry, Nandini. Please mere saath kabhi mat choddna."

Nandini: "Ssshhh Manik... " I cry harder and he clenches my hand tighter, making sure I won't let go of him. I break down in front of him and Manik smiles. I pat him to sleep and call Cabir. Just then, Cabir enters. He comes rushing to my room.

Cabir: "Manik! Manik!" He shouts and stops in front of the door. I put my finger on my lips and hiss, signalling him to keep quiet. He nods and enters. He carries Manik in his arms with my help and lays him on the bed. I put a pillow under his head and put my Naman's blanket over him. I put my scented pillow beside him, just like what I do for my kids. Well, he is like my kid only.

Cabir: "What the hell, Nandini? Why did you put a pillow beside him?" He says softly. I quickly realise and try to take the pillow away, but Manik holds it tight, just like he holds me in his sleep, and smiles. I admire him while Cabir gently coughs to bring me back out of my world. I blush.

We walk downstairs and I sit on the couch with Cabir, still blushing remembering that night with him.

Cabir: "So Nandini... Did I miss anything?" He teases.

Nandini: "No... Not at all. Vaise Cabir, if you don't mind, ek baat puchu?" He smirks at me.

Cabir: "Of course." He says.

Nandini: "Uss din... When Manik got arrested, uss din actually kya hua? Mujhe toh expulsion mil gaya tha. What happened to Manik?" His expression immediately changes.

Cabir: "Voh actually... That day..."

Manik looked at Nandini for the last time. He walked into the jail chamber. Nyonika came to Nandini.