6. Camp v Chaos.

Annabeth had noticed the group on the hill when Chiron had suddenly abandoned his position on the porch of the Big House. She immediately ran for the cabins, knowing that she would find Jason messing with mini bolts of lightning in the centre.

"Jase!" She shouted to get the blonde's attention.

The Son of Jupiter spun around, exhaustion flashing in his eyes. "Annabeth?" He pushed his glasses up his nose. "You look like the bearer of bad news."

Annabeth sighed. "Where's everyone else?" She asked, glancing towards the cabins.

"Why?" Jason frowned. "What's going on?"

"That." She pointed towards the hill.

By the time the entire group had been herded down the hill, grumbling gods and all, members of the camp had started to mobilize, all running towards them with various weapons.

Percy thought it was the perfect welcome home.

"Zeus, would you like to do the honours?" Percy gestured to the incoming demigods. "Heros and I would probably manage to say something offensive before we managed to come up with a plausible explanation for us being here and we'd end up in body bags."

"And wouldn't that be a shame." Zeus muttered.

"You've only just met the young man; would it pain you to be nice?" Poseidon queried.

"Zeus knew me long before I ran away with this lot." Percy laughed. "I'm used to him wishing for my death."

"Chiron?" A familiar voice called at the head of the demigods. Percy froze. "What's going on?"

"Why wasn't I immediately informed?" Nathan shoved his way to the front of the group. "Lord Zeus, who are these people?"

"That's literally what Annabeth just asked." Jason glared at the other male.

Percy observed each member of the group of campers carefully, confused to find exasperation and annoyance on the faces of the majority of the group.

"These are some guests that we'll be hosting for a few weeks." Chiron ignored the squabbling. "They're demigods who specialise in threats that aren't local, they need somewhere to lay low for a while."

"What are you called?" Annabeth asked before Nathan could open his mouth.

"We are the Chaos Group," Percy responded in monotone. "I am Commander Caeruleum."

"Why weren't we asked if they could stay here?" Nathan protested. "I don't want a bunch of masked freaks in my camp."

"And who are you?" Luke asked, staring at him.

Percy resisted the urge to laugh at the look of outrage that appeared on Nathan's face. While he sorely wanted to make amends with his father and Chiron, Nathan was not someone he would be forgiving anytime soon.

He took the time to stand and stare at the boy, unable to believe that they were indeed related. Though he was glad that there was a lack of resemblance, he didn't understand how there wasn't one. Nathan was shorter than him, blonder than him and his eyes were brown, not the sea green that were usually typical of Poseidon's children. It wasn't even the same brown as Tyson's eye – warm and inviting. No. Nathan's eyes were dark, dark like blood-stained earth.

Then Percy came to a realisation. Nathan hadn't aged. Swiftly he scanned the faces of each of the demigods in the growing crowd, realising with a growing sense of horror that they all looked the same as they did the day he walked out of camp five years ago.

"I," Nathan drew himself to his full height, "am Nathaniel Bradley Burns, son of Poseidon, and this is my camp."

"I've never heard of you," Luke responded bluntly. "Blue, have you heard of this guy?"

Percy couldn't help but grin. "Nope, never heard of him."

"Has anyone heard of him?" Luke turned to their team, receiving muffled laughter and emphatic 'no's' before he turned around and shrugged at Nathan. "Sorry Nat, none of us have heard of you. Guess you can't be that important around here then."

"Well, I've never heard of you." Nathan huffed. "Who are you, his little minion?" He had gestured to Percy as he asked.

Luke ignored him. "Chiron, we were wondering where we could set up our camp?" He turned to the centaur while Percy continued staring at the campers.

"Well, we have Cabins available for all godly parents?" Chiron looked slightly nervous.

"The majority of us are thought long dead by our parents, we'd rather not take residence in their Cabins while they are unaware of our living status." Percy turned to address him. "We just need a patch of land to set up."

"There is the empty space beside my Cabin." Hades spoke up. "I suggest there."

"Excellent idea." Chiron smiled. "Whereabouts is Nico?"

Percy's breath hitched at the mention of one of the few people he had regretted leaving behind, immediately starting to scan the crowd in the hopes he would find the son of Hades.

There had been several times over the years when he had debated going to Chaos and asking him to allow him to invite Nico to join the group before the thought of what Hades' reaction would have been stopped him. Poseidon had another son and other children to focus his attention on, but Nico and Hazel were Hades' only children and the god of death doted upon them. Percy wasn't going to take away Hades' son due to his own selfish desires to have another old friend with him.

"We've not seen him all day, not since breakfast." Cecil appeared at the front of the crowd. "He was a bit grumpy, muttered about visiting the Underworld to see someone, but didn't say who."

"He'll come back in his own time." Hades' voice was soft, and nobody argued as he glided forward. "Come along, you rabble, I'll show you where you can stick your glorified tent."