Chapter 38

(Above Elise)

Her eyes went wild as she regained her footing. My heart was up in my mouth at the thought of having to hit this pregnant woman but she was leaving me with no other option, as she charged at me again. Only this time I managed to wrap my arms around her to stop her from hitting me. She thrashed her body around as she tried to break free from my hold. My arms where tiring quickly. Running on adrenaline alone, I knew I wouldn't be able to hold her off like this, for much longer.

My body was still recovering from having Elise and as sore as I was, I fought hard to keep her in my arms and out of reach of my baby. Just as my legs gave way from her backwards kicks, my heart hammered against my chest as I brought her down along with me. Finally finding my voice I screamed out for "HELP" Just as she swung around to hit me again, the room filled with nurse's doctors as well as security.

As soon as my hands were free, I spun around and took my baby up into my arms. Tears started to flow as the reality of what had just happened sunk in. As I cried, Elise began crying too and as much as I tried to sooth her, she wasn't settling. A nurse came to my side as she tried to soothe me. My legs and body hurt from the punches and kicks I had received. Nevertheless, I blanked them out as much as I possibly could, as I tried to settle my frantically crying baby.

Siting on the edge of my bed, the nurse tried taking Elise from me but I wasn't letting my baby out of my arms for no one.

"Isabella its ok, come on let me settle your baby for you. She can feel you shaking and she can feel what your feeling." Looking up at the nurse, the numbness I was feeling only moments ago, faded, leaving the pain hit me at full force. Feeling defeated yet again, I handed Elise over to the nurse but kept my teary eyes on her at all times. So much was going on in the filled room that I hadn't even seen Joshua walk in until I felt the safety of his arms circling around me.

After what felt like forever, the room started to clear. I gave my statement to the police and as much as I wanted to see her locked up, I just couldn't do it to her. She was pregnant and had another child probably waiting for her to come home. Against everyone's better judgements, I didn't press charges but I did agree with everyone to put out a restraining order on her. Although Joshua wasn't too happy with the choice I made, he didn't say anything.

However, Joshua did insist that I wasn't staying in the hospital for another second, let alone another night. Joshua had managed to get his way as always and truthfully I couldn't wait to get the hell out of here. He had even arranged to have a nurse come home with us and a doctor, to come and check on me and our baby in the morning. If it wasn't for having so many stiches, where I had torn myself while giving birth, I wouldn't have needed to stay in the hospital anyway.

After Joshua had sorted out all the paper work for my and Elise's release, the Doctor came and attended to my not so serious injuries, thank God. Without hanging around for another second, we made our way towards the exit where Paul and Jack where already waiting for us.

Seeing the big black SUV already fitted with Elise's car seat, I looked up at Paul and Jack and attempted giving them a smile. I wanted to thank them but couldn't find my voice, as I was still in shock by what had happened. Everything around me seemed to be going in slow motion, making me mentally freak out, more than I already was.

I didn't speak the entire drive home. Just when I thought life was taking a turn for the best, it crashed. My mind was tortured by what had happened but what was torturing me more was thinking of what she must be going through, to have acted the way she did. As much as I hated her, I knew it wasn't entirely her fault. If anyone was to blame, it was me. I was the other woman. The woman who had fell in love with her husband.

It made me sick, to think what Jaxon had done. Not only to me but to his wife as well, here we were, two girls with children from the one man we had both thought had loved us. With a clearer mind now, I could see he had never loved either of us. It was all just some sick twisted game to him. Thankfully though, I had managed to find out what he's really like before we married, where she didn't. Or did she? I mentally asked

Hearing my baby cry, I turned only to see that Joshua had already taken her up into his arms and was feeding her as he stared at me. So many emotions ran through his eyes; that I couldn't tell one from another. However, with all his emotions running wild, I could still see the love he held for me, giving me that safe feeling he always gave me.

Stepping out of the SUV; I felt a sudden anxiousness.

"It's ok Isabella I've got you." The way Paul spoke up at my side. It was as if he thought I was going to break at any given second and truthfully I didn't know how I felt because I was numb. Joshua wrapped one arm around my waist, whilst he held the baby seat in his other as he walked me up the steps to our house. It scared me, at how close it had come to my baby being harmed. Bless her she hadn't even been a day old and already I had endangered her life. Mentally going crazy, I tried to snap myself out of it but it was as if my body had shut down on me.

I could hear everyone talking around me as we sat in the lounge but for the life of me I couldn't hear, let alone speak to any of them. Joshua had tried many of times to get me to say something but I just couldn't get my mouth to work, let alone my brain. It was as if I had become a shell, an empty shell at that. Although I know I should've been crying or feeling something, I didn't. Seeing my precious baby sleeping in Elle's arms, I knew that should've been me but seeing her so snuggled and safe I knew she was better off with Elle. Standing up I walked out of the room in need to try and pull myself together. Joshua tried to stop me but I just shook my head no and he let me go.

*************************

Hey all my lovely adorable readers, I have good news for you all :)

I am going to upload again tomorrow xxxxx

I just want you all to know that i hate endings that leave you hanging. So please don't worry i will make sure you will all get to read about not only the court case but their wedding as well. I will also be giving you a little more ;)

The court case is very near and i have already started writing it and am hoping by this time next week you will all be reading it xxxxxx

All my love and appreciation Mel xoxo