Chapter 23- Extra Hostage

*Veronica's POV*

I had followed them. Kendall was up to something and I knew it.

From the time I saw Melanie coming out of his apartment earlier, it obviously wasn't right.

They pulled up at the boat rental port. He came out off the vehicle first, wow he was dressed nicely, then got over to her side and lead Shailene out. Shay was wearing a pretty black dress. I could see my soul reflection on it. She was blindfolded.

I took a quick scan of the place and observed Kendall talking to the middle aged round-faced man in the booth, who I believed was in charge if things around here. The faded yellow booth was quite big, spacious. It was in the middle of the wide stone pathway that lead to the bank of the lake.

I approached him a few minutes after Kendall and Shailene got into the canoe looking wood boat thing. Aside from them,there was absolutely no one else around. Was he planning to kill her or something?

Sacrifice her for Melanie? It's likely to happen.

Something was up. I could feel it. I knew it. I just did. I turned to the man at the booth. 'Hello sir, what is the route of these trips?' I asked with the nicest voice I had.

'We're closed.' He responded blandly.

'But my friends just left like a minute ago,' I reasoned.

'We are closed miss.' He said again blankly.

'But all I asked was a question?'

'I don't get paid to answer questions after working hours. Now, leave.'

'Working hours? Its 5:32?'

'Therefore you're wasting my free time. My shift ended two minutes ago.'

'But Sir..I need to know right now.'

He raised his voice. 'I just said we're closed. Are you deaf?.' He spat with the most arrogant tone.

He was beginning to tip me off. 'Listen sir...' I began to start reasoning with him but all he did was shut the sliding glass window of the booth .

That was it.

I waited till he came out through the little white panel door at the back.

He was asking for it. I walked up to him and grabbed his white shirt collar. 'Answer my question right now.' It came out with a snarl on it's own.

He grabbed my wrist and tried pulling my grip away. 'Let go!' But I didn't. Instead, I pulled him to the floor. As I was about to put my knee to his chest, I found myself being pulled away from my prey. He was being rude while I was about to face paranoia for my friend.

With two strong grips on me, one on each hand, I was dragged away from sight of the booth and the rude man. I fought and tried to pull away as hard as I could but it was to no avail....it was useless. I had never pictured myself in a situation like this. I was supposed to be able to defend myself on any occasion at any time, but this situation just turned my thoughts around my mind. Because, I was Veronica.

The man with the white shirt came out of nowhere and stooped down to where I was sitting on the floor, the arms from the people behind still attached to mine, holding me down. 'You're going to regret this.' Mr. white shirt said to me. 'Stupid girl'

That was all he said before the arms pulled me to stand and I got a chance to see who was holding me back. It was this really built man with a really curly, fancy 'S' tattooed on his right shoulder. I could see it as he was wearing a black vest. His face looked really set, no expression whatsoever.

What did the 'S' stand for? That wasn't important. It was probably meaningless like most tattoos anyways.

All of a sudden, I felt something cold pressed to my temple. Was that a gun?