Chapter Six: Incident

While I slept, I dreamed of Jasper. We were sitting on a porch, staring out over a beautiful sunset. I could hear the sounds of children over to the side, playing and yelling happily. My brothers leaned against the pillars, smiling and laughing with Jasper and I. Everything was perfect.

A loud banging pulled me out of the dream and I hated whoever had made the sound that pulled me out of my little slice of Heaven. Everything had been good in my dream, I was with Jasper and I finally could be with my brothers. As much as I could resent them for the things that happened, I didn't as much as I should. If I was perfectly honest, the more I thought about it, the less angry I got.

Being an adult means not holding grudges about things that people can't change. Human beings screw up all the time, it's going to happen no matter what we do, but the trick is learning to forgive because the hate is only hurting the carrier. No matter what my brothers were family and that meant something more to me than being angry. I was going to start trying with them to make things work.

The banging that had woken me up for louder and louder then I realized it was at my front door. I slowly crept my way to the living room and over to the door. I was about to move in front of the door to look through the peephole when it flew open and I screamed before I could stop myself. A hand came up to cover my mouth.

"Damn it, Lena, stop your screaming." Harper's slurred voice came and I felt my muscles release. He let me go, stumbling in my dark apartment. I flicked on the light, looking at where he had fallen facedown on the floor.

"What the hell, Harper? You scared the crap out of me and you broke my door." I angrily marched over to where he was, turning him over.

"You're so pretty, Lena. I love looking at you all the time but you never seem to notice. Why don't you wanna date me, Lena?" He slurred, clumsily patting my face. I cringed away but he just kept reaching for me. I had never seen Harper like that before, never even seen him take a sip of alcohol.

"Harper, what the hell did you do to yourself tonight?"

"Why do you have a boyfriend now? You've never dated before, well except for me. What's with this new guy?" He grumbled and it suddenly clicked..... Jasper. Harper had seen Jasper coming in all those days and was jealous. He and I hadn't dated for a long time but apparently he still had feelings.

While I was lost in thought, he reached up and grabbed me, causing a scream of surprise to bubble up and spill out. Before I could protest, he was kissing me. I heard a loud growling and pulled back to see a very angry Jasper standing at the door, his eyes black with rage. I knew his wolf was close to the surface so I put myself between Harper and him.

"Jasper, calm down. Harper's drunk and he's not thinking about his actions right now. I'm safe and nothing happened." I assured him, walking slowly towards him with my hands held out. His eyes tried to focus on Harper but I blocked his way and he snapped them to me, still growling. As soon as I got within arms reach, his arms shot out like vipers and pulled me in.

"Mine!" He growled and kissed me.

It was the first time we had kissed on the lips and I could feel my blood racing through my veins. His lips were soft and plump as they moved against mine. I could taste some kind of sweet gum on his tongue and it drove me just as crazy as the kiss itself. I felt his hands grab onto my waist, pulling me closer and plastering my body to his. This kiss is unlike anything I've ever experienced, I thought, wrapping my arms around his neck.

I was becoming completely lost in his kiss until reality hit me like a ton of bricks. One of my friends, who just happened to be my ex-boyfriend, was lying on my floor in a drunk stupor while I was kissing my mate who had rejected me and had a girlfriend. What the hell am I doing? I questioned myself, wrenching my way out of Jasper's embrace.

"Jasper, stop." I breathed, trying to catch my breath. "What are you doing here?"

"What's he doing here? I think that's the better question." He countered.

"Harper's just drunk. I need to get him on the sofa to sleep it off."

"Oh, hell no. That guy is not staying in you're house. Look what he did to your front door." He pointed.

"Look, people do stupid stuff when they're drunk, that's why I don't drink. You can either stay and help me, then we can talk about what you're doing here in the first place, or you can go." I said, moving over to Harper and trying to get him up.

"Ugh, fine. Here let me." Jasper scowled, picking Harper up and taking him to the sofa.

He dropped Harper as soon as he got to the couch, not because Harper was that heavy but because Jasper wanted to hurt him somehow. I rolled my eyes then went and got one of my spare blankets and the small trash I kept in the bathroom. I made sure to put the trash can close to the couch. I hated to clean up throw-up when it was mine, I wouldn't make it through somebody else's.

"Can you grab me some Aspirin and a glass of water from the kitchen? The glasses are on the top shelf, middle cabinet and the medicine should be top shelf, near the left wall." I said to Jasper while I draped the blanket over Harper.

"I love how take charge you are, Lena." Harper slurred, causing a deeper scowl to appear on Jasper's face.

"I know, Harper. You love everything right now." I muttered, tucking the blanket in so he wouldn't fall over. "Do you think you could do anything for my door?" I glanced back at Jasper as I finished.

"It won't be perfect but I can get it closed." He grunted, already working on it. Eventually, he had the door closed and we just hoped nobody else would try to break in. "You said we would talk." He grumbled and I nodded my head, letting him know to follow me back to my bedroom.