☾Chapter 6: Pocky☽

After last night's incident, (Y/n) never came out to see the Night Class. She would immediately go to her dorm and sleep or blast out to some music.

     Zero felt concerned with her as he noticed that she barely talked. (Y/n) would just tell him that she is just tired and smiled it off. He was troubled how she got paranoid when she saw the Night Class and would quickly run to her dorm. He closes his eyes and sighed in frustration, "She doesn't deserve this,"

    The silver haired boy walked slowly to assist Yuki in shouting at the Day Class to stand back and stop shoving each other.

     The gates opened and as usual the screams of impudent fangirls fills the air. The Night Class strode out and Kaname is in the front leading like normal.

Kaname searches the crowd: no sign of (Y/n) again..

   "Is she avoiding us because she knows that we're vampires?" Kaname thought to himself in worry. Keeping a stoic smile to Yuki, he lead the Night Class to class.

    Among the Night Class, Aido was sulking, "Aw, Shiki... Do you think (Y/n)-chan hates me? I haven't seen her in awhile. I feel so bad that I scared her that night,"

     Shiki, a Night Class student with red mahogany hair and mesmerizing bluish grey eyes, replies dully, "I dunno...." He was never the one to speak much, but his love for eating Pocky can be seen. He had placed a Pocky stick protruding out his mouth and continues nibbling on it. Most of the fangirls screamed at Shiki's actions while some fainted.

     Shiki hated how they screamed so obnoxiously. He disliked rowdiness and annoying fangirls. But he always had a straight poker face no matter the situation, even if he was annoyed.

     Once the Night Class arrived to their classroom, Kaname left to do some errands and the teacher was not in sight. Aido complains, "Oii! I hate this bloodlust I am having for (Y/n)'s precious blood! Her blood was just divine! Nothing can compare to that sweet taste! Blood tablets make me sick! I'm so tempted to find her and bite her again,"

     Akatsuki flicks Aido's forehead, "Kaname will kill you along with that Zero-guy," Aido huffed, "It's not my fault that she was bleeding and her scent lured me to her!"

Shiki mutters, "She does smell nice...."

     Aido was surprised, "Huh?! You never say anything Shiki! That's a first!"

     Shiki blankly stares at his box of Pocky and eats one slowly, "I'm just saying her blood smells nice..."

The teacher came in and class started.

     Very soon it was break time, Shiki got up and left by himself to the courtyard fountain. Rima, a female Night Class student with her orange hair up in pigtails and ocean blue eyes, catches up to Shiki and smiles, "Are we going to eat some Pocky together today?" Shiki blinks, "Sorry, not today.... I want to be alone."

     He leaves and goes to the courtyard fountain under the starry night sky only to see someone already there at his usual alone time spot: (Y/n). She was listening to some kind of music with her earbuds in. (Y/n) had her eyes closed looking peaceful and was tapping to a beat. She looked like a beauty glowing in the night in her white nightgown. Shiki approaches her and sat down next to her. (Y/n) opened her eyes and saw Shiki sitting next to her.

    She blushed at how close he was and paused her music. "How long were you there Shiki?!" she gasped as embarassment slowly flushed to her cheeks. Shiki opened a new box of Pocky and murmurs, "Just now..."

    (Y/n) blushed, "O-oh.... Why are you here?" Shiki shrugs nonchalantly, as he twirls a Pocky stick between his slender pale fingers. Silence occupied the atmosphere.. Shiki then says, "You're out pass curfew,"

     (Y/n) nods and sighs, "I really don't care. I just like it out here during the night - Makes me feel peaceful.."

Silence met them again...

     Shiki eats his Pocky stick and then murmured, "We're not monsters (Y/n)..."

(Y/n) blinked, "Huh?"

         The mahogany haired boy repeated a bit clearer, "We're not monsters, (Y/n)..."

(Y/n) looks down on the cobblestone courtyard and murmurs, "I don't know. Vampires are.... vampires. They are creatures of the night... of the dark...."

    Shiki then placed a box of Pocky into (Y/n)'s hand. (Y/n) was surprised at his action. "I can't take this! You love Pocky!" exclaimed (Y/n).

      Shiki blankly stared at her, "I have more than enough Pocky.... And do you think monsters would have just given you Pocky?"

      (Y/n) blushed, "N-no..." Shiki leaned close to her and sniffed, "By the way, you smell very sweet... like Pocky.."

(Y/n) was now blushing furiously, "I'll be going now...."

     Shiki's grey eyes stared into (Y/n)'s eyes. The young Night Class student felt something strange within him stir. What was this sudden feeling? He never felt like this before... The silence between them felt more comfortable as (Y/n) gazed back into Shiki's eyes... She suddenly felt relaxed as she slowly lost herself in his distant grey eyes.

     Then (Y/n) snaps back to reality and holds the Pocky box Shiki gave her. She got up and smiles, "Thank you Shiki," The girl quickly left. Shiki blatantly eats another Pocky stick and watches (Y/n) figure move away..

     He then returned to class with his expressionless face still on. Aido greets him, "Heyo Shiki! What took you so long?!" Shiki passes him and sits down next to Rima.

     Rima pouts, "You ate a whole box of Pocky yourself?!" Shiki lied, "Yes." Rima gave him a questioning look but resumed her attention towards the class.

Aido went up to Shiki and frowned, "I smell... (Y/n)'s scent... but just a hint of it on you Shiki...."

     Shiki gave him a cold blank stare. "Yah! You do not need to creep me out Shiki! Forget it," Aido scoffed. Aido left as he felt awkward under Shiki's emotionless eyes.

     Meanwhile, (Y/n) was back in her dorm and placed the box of Pocky on her nightstand. She gazed at the Pocky box for awhile and asked herself, "Why did Shiki give me this? Was it just out of comfort? Or is it a sign of friendship? Or maybe he just gave it to me to make me try and see that vampires aren't that bad...."

     She decided to finally fall asleep as she awaited for the next day with those thoughts in mind.

[ VOTE / COMMENT ]
Any Shiki fans? :)