19 - That's for stealing her!

All three the games were winding down when Dinah got a call on her cell phone; and she moved over to where Alex and Cassy were laughing at the brother’s attempts to keep the balls out of the gutter.

“Would you like to have lunch with us, Cathy and Liz are getting burgers for us on their way over?”

All the brothers except Carter who was too busy looking at his mate looked at them with huge pleading eyes; so they graciously accepted the offer; if … the girls came over to their place for a barbeque later tonight.

Dinah agreed; it would give them an opportunity to call home and inform their alpha as well as Tina’s parents about the mating.

Dinah asked who ever it was on the other side of the line to make it seventeen burgers; and the surprise on the other side of the line could not be mistaken.

 Cassy could see that Alex was happy with the situation; at least he was after the surprise had worn off.  Who would have known this morning when they came into town that one of the brothers would find their mate?  She glanced at the two of them again, they made such a good couple; and then stole a glance at Alex.  Her breath got stuck; he was looking at her with the most gorgeous smile she had ever seen on him.  When her heart stuttered, he raised an eyebrow at her and flashed a sexy smirk at her; then very deliberately moving slow, he leant forward and trailed soft kisses down her neck.  He put one hand on her shoulder and discreetly pulled at her blouse; exposing his mark to his lips.

There was no way Cassy could keep from shuddering against him, a low moan escaped on a breath.  He pulled back, letting the fabric cover up the mark on her shoulder, and when Cassy opened her eyes, she wondered if he knew all the promises his eyes were making to her.

Her thoughts were interrupted when two girls led a small convoy, all carrying their lunches and cool drinks.  The air filled with a sudden anticipation from the girl’s side, and when the convoy reached them, the food was taken from those in the t-shirts from one of the fast food restaurants helping the girls.  When they eventually left, the two girls looked around; having noticed the male shifters.  When one of the girls eyes fell on Tina, her jaw dropped open in surprise.  After a stunned moment of silence, she squealed out loud; ran to Tina and hugged her so tight it could almost past as assault.

Then she let go of Tina and turned to Carter; and punched him in the gut!  “That is for stealing her away from us.”  Before he could react on either the punch or her words, she dragged him in and hugged him.

“Cathy is Tina’s older sister.  And she is a bit … out there, if you know what I mean?”  Dinah spoke up next to Cassy and Alex.

“I noticed.”  Cassy said blandly.  Cathy kind of reminded her quite a bit of her best friend June.  She watched Cathy and Tina talk up a storm; Tina all the while making sure Carter wasn’t able to let go of her hand.  Not that he would ever want to.

The girls all helped themselves to the lunches and cool drinks while three of them took a bag each and headed towards the boys.  Cassy noticed something and nudged Alex.  When he looked at her, a question in his eyes, she nodded towards the three of them.  He looked up and immediately caught on.

Two of those that had been here all the time were herding the other girl along the line of boys, introducing her properly; making sure there was enough opportunity for eye contact and a handshake.  Their ploy was so obvious it was almost hilarious.  They were trying to see if one of his brothers were her mate.  He looked back at Cassy.

[How possible would that be?  To have two brothers find their mates in the same pack.  In a group of ten girls?]

[Not very likely, but not impossible either.]