ten

"Don't be so nervous," Lauren laughed, watching as Camila continued to try and stack the envelopes perfectly in her lap.

It had been about a week since the girls had first told Lauren's parents that they were getting married. Since then, things had begun falling into place. After talking about it, both girls decided they were eager to just get married and get on with their lives.

A small, intimate wedding sounded just right to them. After some discussion with Lauren's parents, Camila now held a stack of pastel yellow envelopes in her lap, running her fingers over Lauren's cursive handwriting on the front.

The girls had already sent out invitations to a few of Lauren's close family members. Now, all that was left was the handful of envelopes in Camila's lap, with the names of their closest friends scrawled on top.

They'd yet to tell their friends, simply because they wanted to be able to present them with the invitations in person. So now, both girls sat in the parking lot of their old apartment complex, trying to work up the courage to go inside.

"Right back at you," Camila mumbled, a shy smile playing on her lips. Both girls were waiting for the other to get out of the car, too nervous to make the first move.

"Why are we so nervous?" Lauren laughed, turning to the smaller girl who was fiddling with her cracked yellow nail polish. Camila looked up and studied the building in front of them.

"I am excited," she nodded softly. "But I am also nervous. Do you think they are going to be surprised?" The small girl looked over at Lauren curiously.

"I honestly have no clue," Lauren laughed softly, checking the time. "Are you sure that Ally's in there?"

"Dinah said she was making her come over to make them lunch," Camila giggled, holding up her phone to show Lauren.

"Might as well get it over with," Lauren laughed softly, squeezing Camila's hand before sliding out of the car. The smaller girl fiddled with the invitations in her hands as they waited for the elevator to reach the top floor.

Camila followed Lauren down the hallway, exchanging glances with the girl once they reached the apartment and she didn't make a move to knock on the door. Giggling, Camila reached out, walking straight into the apartment without bothering to knock.

"That's one way to do it," Lauren mumbled under her breath, causing Camila to giggle. They exchanged glances when the living room was empty. Camila smirked, hearing voices coming from the kitchen.

Before Lauren could stop her, the smaller girl was tiptoeing quickly around the corner. Lauren caught up to her just in time to witness Camila jumping onto Dinah's back and throwing her arms over the girl's shoulders.

"Holy shit!" Dinah gasped, turning around and trying to shake the intruder off of her. When she heard Camila giggle and saw Lauren standing across the room, she let out a relieved sigh and brought her hand to her heart.

"Oh my god, don't ever do that again," Dinah unlocked Camila's arms from around her neck as the smaller girl hopped back down to the ground. "Wait, what the hell are you guys doing here?"

Camila's eyes immediately widened and she quickly took her spot back beside Lauren. The green eyed girl elbowed her, giving her a look that feigned playful annoyance. "Uh, where's Mani and Ally?" Lauren bit her lip.

"They're out on the balcony. What's up?" Dinah placed a hand on her hip, noticing the girl's nervousness.

"Can you go get them?" Lauren ran a hand through her hair. Camila glanced up at her, struggling to hold back an excited smile.