chapter 23

time passed quickly, and everyone was putting things away in the trucks they'd brought along.

there had been a big problem while negan was here, two hand guns, gone. missing, nobody seemed to know where it had gone.

after everything was loaded up in the saviors trucks, we opened the gate and let them out. negan made sure to yell out of the window at us.

🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧

"i thought about hiding some of the guns, i did it before. i figured i could bury some out there. maybe we don't touch them for years." rick said, he paced around in front of everyone who was seated in the church

"years?" a man asked

"yeah. that's right. but what if the saviors find those guns? what if we run into them when we have those guns on us? one of us dies. maybe more than that. maybe a lot more. doesn't matter how many bullets we have. it isn't enough. they win. it's that black and white. hiding a couple of guns isn't the answer, not anymore. we don't have to like it, but we need to give them over. a glock 9 and a .22, that's what they're looking for. who has it?" rick explained

everyone was silent, either looking forward at rick, or down at the floor

"someone knows where they are. or they know who does. if we don't find them, they're gonna kill olivia. they'll do it." rick said, his voice was a little louder now.

a man stood up, some people turned their heads.

"why do they care? two guns aren't a threat to them. but those guns could help protect us from whatever else is out there." the man said

rick was quiet for a moment, "do you have 'em?"

"wish i did." the man replied and took a seat

"most of you weren't there. you didn't have to watch.." rick started

i felt carl shift in the seat next to me, i fidgeted with my sleeves. it hadn't been long since then..and i definitely haven't gotten over it. i just didn't want to remember.

i was doing an okay job of trying not to think about it. and with maggie gone, i felt like i'd lost both of my parents all over again.

"but you can look away now when someone else dies, or you can help solve this. we give them what they want, and we live in peace."

i heard aaron and eric talking really lowly behind carl and i. aaron told eric not to stand up, but he did it anyways.

"say we find the guns. how are we gonna get out of this, rick?" eric asked

"there is no way out of this. let me put this to all of you as clearly as i can. i'm not in charge anymore. negan is. now, who has the guns."

it was so quiet in the church you could hear the wind from outside gently blowing. i heard someone's chair creak before i heard a voice.

"not everyone's here." eugene spoke up,

rick looked around, so did everyone else. rosita wasn't here, and whatever that dipshits name is isn't here.

thinking back to everything, didn't woodbury have a lot of ammo. why not just make the trip back, and then hid the guns we found somewhere else. somewhere they wouldn't be found.

but then again, i guess it was taken over by the dead.

🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧

the search began. or, at least for rick and some of the other adults. i didn't care enough to look for the guns.

rick had turned his house upside down, and he had carl and i look inside carols house. nothing. literally nothing.

i had my money set on dickhead spencer who either hid the two guns, or actively had them.

carl and i had to clean back up carols house because it was bothersome that a mess was everywhere. i saw outside the window everyone walking around checking places.

🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧

a few days went by, and rick ended up actually finding the guns, both of them at the same time strangely.

i stood outside, i was right beside enid. we'd been talking,

but a big guy on megan's side decided he wanted to harass us,

"balloons? you two girls going to a party?"

i kind of just stood there, i didn't know what to do to the man besides things that could get everyone else in trouble.

"can i keep them, please?" enid asked

the man held the balloons in his hands, he looped over enid and i, looking us up and down. and beating heavily.

"say please again, little girl. you too." the man said

does he like little girls..that's kinda what i'm getting here.

he stepped closer to enid but i pulled her back, his dirty breath didn't need to be on her.

"please."

his finger touched her and i grabbed it immediately.

"get your fucking finger off her. do it again and i'm breaking the fucking thing." i said, i practically ripped it away from her face.

the man looked around fed up and dropped the balloons to the ground. enids eyes followed the balloons.

i eyed the man as he walked away, he told us to quote "be careful, little girls."

i hope that man gets killed,

enid was going to grab the balloons but id stopped her, the man was watching us as he was walking away.

there were two more men beside us, but they weren't bothering us. i picked up the balloons for enid and dragged her along with me as i walked away.

"what a pervert." enid muttered under her breath

"tell me about it."

word count; 949