Melinda May- Found

(Requested by @Perfectisntpretty)

"Just keep calm, Tatum," Melinda says from the bus, having to sit out on the mission you were sent to complete. In all honesty, she's a nervous wreck.

"I am calm, Melinda. You're the one who sounds stressed." You answer, causally flipping through a magazine as you keep an eye on the target you're supposed to get information from.

"Me, stressed?" She scoffs, but her voice sounds an octave or two too high. "I'm anything but-"

"He's on the move," You say, waiting a few seconds for the man to stand up and leave before you follow after him.

Melinda sits up straighter. "If he shows any signs of nervousness, turn back."

You roll your eyes and continue. "Yeah, yeah, May-"

"No, Tatum." Her worried tone makes you frown. "You could follow him right into a trap. I'm being serious. If he turns-"

"He's headed into an ally. I'm going in."

Melinda's heart jumps. "No! No, wait, Tatum-"

"I see him," You mutter. "he seems to be talking to someone on the-"

A dull thump cuts you off, followed shorty by the sound of footsteps.

"Think she's with SHIELD?" A man asks, and a gruff yes is his reply. "Bet she's got one of those earpieces."

A second later, a loud crunch and static makes Melinda jump. Her eyes are widened in horror at this point.

They're going to kill her. They're going to kill Tatum, my Tatum.

Standing with a look of purse malice etched into her features, Melinda storms out of the controls room and straight to Phil's office.

She doesn't even knock as she barges in and says in a shaky voice, "They've taken Tatum."

And that's all it takes for Phil to gather the team and deliver the news.

Skye instantly pulls out her laptop and tracks your location. Melinda watches as Skye taps away on the keyboard, and nearly sighs in relief when a little red dot pops up on the map.

"She's an two hours away by car, three at tops." Skye says, but Melinda's already running to the van with the coordinates burned into her mind.

"Let's make it one hour,"

_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Melinda didn't even wait for any of the others before taking off. She's had been driving at a breaking neck speed, and reached the destination in little over an hour.

It's times like these Melinda really wishes HYDRA had better taste. C'mon, abandoned wear houses are so last year.

Kicking down the door and shooting to guards with icer's before they could move, Melinda tiptoes up the stairs and is for once thankful for being the Calvary.

It doesn't take long for Melinda to find you, and in fact, she's pretty sure this is the fastest she's ever done a mission on her own.

"Melinda!" You shout once you've seen her run past the doorway. "I-In here!"

In a blink of an eye, she's by your side untying the ropes binding you to the chair.

"Sorry I took so long," She frowns at your bleeding head and raw wrists.

"I'm fine, Mel, really." You say, smiling breathlessly when she squeezes you in a tight hug.

"I was so worried," She murmurs, pulling back to place a sweet kiss on your lips.

A clattering sound comes from behind, and Melinda whips around with her icer at the ready.

Phil stands in the door way, mouth agape as Melinda lowers her weapon.

"Is something wrong, Phil?"

He bends down to picks up his icer and tucks it in his waistband. "No, nothing's wrong."

Placing an arm around your waist, Melinda helps you to your feet and brushes past him.

"Might wanna close your mouth, Phil."