Moments

The whimsy of a child, carrying the pink petals of Sakura, and the sound of the Guquin... The moments of sharing with someone who seemed like a father for instants, full of shadows and lights; I carried the fascination of martial arts. Many times hidden I observed the speed of the movements of Kung-fu. I stopped feeling fear and it became a fascination to watch; but obviously never try. I felt so weak, my lungs and my weak body were the day to day to face. And I grew, my soul became strong, with no hope of being otherwise. My body grew and dreams were stored in a corner of Shanghai.... There the whimsy lives on, hoping that someday it will be a fact to live and not a longing to bury.
Maria De Los Reyes

Spanish Version
El capricho de niña, va llevando los pétalos rosas de Sakura, y el sonido del Guquin... Los momentos de compartir con alguien que parecía un padre por instantes, lleno de sombras y luces; llevaba la fascinación de las artes marciales. Muchas veces escondida observé la velocidad de los movimientos del Kung-fu. Dejé de sentir miedo y se convirtió en una fascinación mirar; pero obviamente nunca intentar. Me sentía tan débil, mis pulmones y mi débil cuerpo eran el día a día al que enfrentarme. Y crecí, mi alma se hizo fuerte, sin esperanza de ser de otra manera. Mi cuerpo creció y los sueños se guardaron en un rincón de Shanghai... Allí el capricho sigue vivo, esperando que algún día sea un hecho para vivir y no un anhelo para enterrar.
María De Los Reyes