Chapter Fifteen.

Siddhartha pulled up in front of Meera's house, the soft glow of the streetlights illuminating his sleek car. He straightened his suit, adjusting his tie and smoothing out any wrinkles. Taking a deep breath, he stepped out of the vehicle and made his way to the doorstep. He looked dashing, his confidence and charisma radiating from every pore.

As he reached the door, he pressed the doorbell, and the sound echoed through the silent night. The door flung open, revealing a young girl with an intense gaze. She stared at him, her eyes seeming to bore into his very soul.

"Um, hi?...is Meera-" Siddhartha started to ask, but before he could finish, the girl stepped aside, allowing him to enter.

"Thanks." he smiled, his eyes scanning the interior of the house as he walked in. Veda, led him to the living room, her movements fluid and deliberate.

"Can you tell Meera about my arrival?" Siddhartha asked, his voice polite and courteous.

Veda turned to face him, her eyes locking onto his. She looked him up and down, as if measuring him, her gaze lingering on his suit and tie.

"She will be down in a minute." she said finally, her voice dripping with an unsettling sweetness.

Siddhartha gave a tight smile and nodded, his eyes never leaving hers. But what happened next caught him off guard. Veda's expression transformed, her smile twisting into a psychopathic grin.

"I don't like you, but make sure my sister is safe. Just one scratch...I don't care if your families are Mafias, one person will die." she said, her voice low and menacing.

Siddhartha was shocked, his mind reeling from the intensity of her words. He couldn't believe that a girl so young possessed such an aura of threat. It was scary, and he found himself taking a step back, his eyes darting around the room as if searching for an escape.

"Don't worry, Miss Ahuja." he assured, trying to keep his voice steady. "Meera is safe."

Veda didn't respond, her grin still plastered on her face. She turned and left the living room, leaving Siddhartha feeling uneasy and on edge.

"Goodness!" he mumbled to himself, his eyes scanning the room once more.
"And I thought Bhai was the only one with that aura."

A minute later, Meera descended the stairs, wearing a beautiful, long-sleeved Anarkali suit in a vibrant shade of coral pink. The dress fell elegantly around her body. The sleeves were long and flowing, covering her arms modestly.

The neckline of the dress was high and rounded, framing Meera's face without revealing any skin. The bodice was fitted, showcasing her slender waist and accentuating her curves in a modest and elegant way.

The dress had a subtle, tone-on-tone embroidery pattern, with delicate florals and foliage motifs that added a touch of whimsy to the overall design. The embroidery was not too elaborate or flashy, but rather understated and elegant.

Her hair was let down, wavy.

Meera's outfit was completed with a pair of simple, closed-toe sandals in a neutral color, and a small, clutch bag in a matching shade of coral pink. She looked modest, elegant, and refined, with a strong sense of values and tradition.

To add a touch of festivity to her outfit, Meera wore a simple, yet elegant dupatta (scarf) in a matching shade of coral pink. The dupatta was draped modestly around her shoulders, adding a pop of color and texture to her overall look.

"Hey Siddhartha, sorry for keeping you waiting." Meera said, her voice filled with warmth and apology, as she smiled brightly at him. Siddhartha nodded graciously, his eyes crinkling at the corners.