❄︎𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 23❄︎

•Isadora•

"I love you. Both of you."

Brielle howls in revelry, wagging her tail, prancing around and being the happiest she'd ever been.

On the other hand, I'm stunned to silence after Zephyr had just confessed that he loves me.

He fucking loves me?!

"Fuck yeah! Our little baby loves us!!"

"Not now, Brie."

I push her away and focus on Zephyr, still pinned against the wall and his unwavering breath brushing my face as we lock eyes in an intense battle. Zephyr picks up the wrong sign from my silence and soon his eyes become watery, that's when I realize how long I've stayed quiet.

"It's okay if you don't feel the same, I just wanted to let you know. Don't be burdened by it." His voice cracks, heavy and cloggy as he looks away from me, snapping me back to senses.

"Fuck, baby. No! It's not that." I free one of my hands from groping his butt and cup his face with it, tilting his head to get his pretty eyes to land back on mine. "How could I not reciprocate when you are the other half of my soul? When you've been so patient, kind and sweet to me all this time?

You've been nothing but a sweetheart, indulging me in all my delirious moments, how can I not love you? You're everything I've been missing on in life, and now that I've got you, I'm never letting you go."

Zephyr stares at me with his incredible, ethereal eyes, the dark chocolaty pools resemble a whirlwind of tornado, sucking all my emotions into its depth, and I'm more than delighted to just get lost into them.

"So you love me too?" He reiterates, still unsure and fearful, I laugh a little, diving my head down to his neck and mouth at the exact spot where my mark would lay, soon. He shivers, his hands combing through my hair and desperately tugging at them.

"I love you to the moon and back, angel."

I utter the words while looking directly into his eyes, pouring all of my emotions in my tone and gaze so he knows how sincere I am, how much he means to me.

"I've been waiting for this moment for years, Isadora." He chuckles, a single tear dropping by the side of his eye and I'm quick to catch it with my lips, pressing a chaste kiss on the skin.

"I'm glad you waited for me. I would've hated to have missed out on you, us."

"I'd wait forever for you if that's what it took for you to realize our bond." He replies cheekily, a bit sheepish and shy.

"Is that so?" I quirk a brow and he giggles, hiding his face in the crook of my neck.

"Aren't your arms getting tired? Put me down." He gently taps at my arms.

I kiss his cheek, holding him with one arm and using the other to open the door and getting us inside.

"Baby, I'm a Beta and you weigh about as light as a feather to me." I exaggerate while carrying him up to my room, or our, we haven't decided on that yet.

He playfully rolls his eyes but the way his cheeks and the tip of his ears dust with hues of pink, it gives away that he likes to be carried and praised about his slim body.

I carry him inside the room and finally let him down, locking the door behind us. He looks like his mind's navigating its way around dangerous waters as my predatorial eyes rake his body up and down.

"A-are we gonna m-mate tonight?" He asks timidly, bare and vulnerable.

A fond chuckle bubbles out of my throat as I take long strides to close to the gap between us and encase him back in my arms, swaying us side to side while staring down at him intensely.