Chapter 3

AN: I feel like dancin by All time low.

Midnight

We pulled into the first clearing as the sun set. Getting out of the jeep, Sadie's gray/blue eyes shone like they always did before a party. Yup, this was defiantly her scene. I watched as Sadie and Chris lock hands while I walked behind the pair. The three of us walked farther into the forest stopping at the second clearing. It was quite a bit farther into the forest than the first clearing but it was a massive area with no trees, perfect for a party.

It was dark in the forest by the time we got to the clearing, but the huge bonfire in the center, didn't make it hard to see, especially with our heightened sense. I saw two tables set up with snacks and drinks and beside the tables were, oh how shocking, three kegs and goddess knows what's in there, note the sarcasm. No doubt there were more somewhere. Someones had backed up their truck into the clearing and was playing loud music from the box. Another advantage to being way out here was we could be as loud as we want and there's no one to complain about it. Even though the party had just begun you could tell that almost everybody was here. Tons of people were dancing all around the fire in different spots in different groups. The three of us stood there waiting for someone to suggest where to start.

"Why don't we get drinks." Sadie offered.

"Good idea. Wait here, I'll go get them." Chris answered.

"Oh, being a gentlemen" I teased him.

I swear I had so much fun teasing him but he knew I did it out of love.

"I'm always a gentlemen" He said in a matter of fact tone before turning to get us drinks.

"So feel anything yet?" Sadie asked me, trying to sound causal, but failing miserably.

"No. Besides, even if my mate is here I won't know till midnight." I reply not even bothering to argue with her about me not wanting him to be.

I could tell she was looking over at me but my eyes were locked on the fire until I heard what she said next.

"Not true." I gave her questioning yet confused look.

"If he's older than you, if even by a week you'll feel something. But neither of you will really feel it till midnight, when you turn seventeen." She explained.

Wait, so now I'd kinda now who it is even before my times up, if he's already seventeen or older it'd make sense for his soul to already be looking for it's other half, but c'mon now I might not even get my five hours of freedom if he's here. Urge. Why moon goddess, why?

"Your lucky these parties go till two, three in the morning, you'll have lots of time to find him," Sadie added, saying the last part in a sing song voice.

I scoffed, rolling my eyes as Chris came back with three plastic red cups in hands.

"For the girls" he said handing us each one, "Oh, and happy birthday Erin. I know it's a few hours early but I thought why not." he added.

"Thanks Chris" I said smiling at the boy who's always been a brother to me.

It was actually pretty normal for people to wish me a happy birthday the day before my birthday and the actual day of because it was technically midnight.

"No offense" Sadie butted in, "But tomorrows the time to be sentimental. Now. Is the time to party. Let's dance!"

We all laughed as she dragged us closer to one of the dancing crowds. It must have been at least three hours that we danced for, drinks always in our hand, or always in mine at least. Hey I did say I was going to try and get drunk, it was hard for werewolves so I didn't know if I'd be drunk enough when midnight came, but here's hoping I'm drunk enough to calm my nerves.