eleven

"Psst. Lo," Camila whispered, peering her head out from the door across the hallway. She bit her lip, awaiting a response from her girlfriend.

"What?" Lauren's voice rang out from the opposite room. She moved closer to the door, fumbling with the hem of her dress.

"Can you braid my hair?" Camila giggled shyly.

"I thought it was bad luck if we see each other before the wedding?" Lauren called out, setting her curling iron down and moving towards the mirror to gently comb her fingers through her hair.

It had only been a few weeks, but everything had fallen together so quickly. Now, both girls were in Miami, accompanied by their three best friends. Currently, Camila and Lauren were getting changed in separate rooms. Downstairs, a handful of their closest family and friends were waiting patiently for the wedding to begin.

The girls hadn't wanted anything big. In fact, they had originally planned to simply get eloped and then have a small celebration with their family. But Lauren's parents had convinced them to have a small ceremony in the backyard.

The small white archway with flowery vines running up the sides sat in front of a few rows of white wooden chairs, all thanks to Lauren's father. When the girls had first seen the simple setup, Camila couldn't stop talking about how perfect it was.

They'd finally managed to get their three former roommates to leave them alone so they could finish getting ready. Dinah and Normani had deemed themselves the couple's personal stylists for the day, while Ally was downstairs helping set up the small table of refreshments.

"You really believe that?" Camila giggled and rolled her eyes. She was aching to see her fiancé, wishing that the girl would just open her door.

"I dunno," Lauren laughed, taking one last look at herself in the mirror. "Wait, what do you need again?"

"I wanted you to braid my hair..." Camila laughed shyly. "You know, the fancy way that you do it." The small girl opened her door even more, frustrated that Lauren was still in the closed bedroom across the hall.

"Just give me a second!" Lauren called out, hurrying over to the other side of the room and digging though her suitcase until she found the small white flower crown she had brought with her. She carefully placed it atop her head, fixing her hair in the mirror one more time before making her way over to the door.

"Opening the door in 3..." Lauren warned, smiling when she heard Camila giggle on the other side. "Two...." She gripped the door handle, slowly turning it open. "One..." she whispered, stepping out into the hallway and instantly having her breath taken away when she saw Camila.

The smaller girl wore a simple white sundress, which flowed down to her knees. She looked like an angel, Lauren realized as she scanned her up and down. When she met Camila's eyes once more, she realized the smaller girl was staring at her in exactly the same manner.

Lauren had opted for a white romper, and Normani had insisted upon one with subtle lace embellishments. She'd curled her hair, simply allowing it to hang freely with the small flower crown on top of her head.

"We are getting married," Camila finally breathed out in disbelief, smiling shyly. "Wow."

Lauren laughed, moving forwards and brushing Camila's hair out of her face. "You want me to braid it?" she asked softly, which earned a nod from the smaller girl.

The green eyed girl led her over to the bed, making her sit down so she could kneel behind her and run her fingers through her hair. Camila shivered, glancing at their reflection in the mirror.