Tonys Party pt.1

•Steve•

We stood in a cluster, laughing and talking, drinks in our hands and having a good time.

I catch a movement in my peripheral vision and decide to turn my head slightly to right, and there she is. It's a scene out of those romantic movies, she's walking down the stairs and I'm the only one that even notices she's there. Man does she look gorgeous, her normally curly hair is straight, her golden blond hair shining against the glow of the lights, and her pale pink gown flows onto the floor. I look away before she notices I'm staring, I see her as she walks over, her eyes darting from side to side as if she was a little girl who had done something bad.

"Hi guys" she said flashing a smile once she reached the group, clearly putting on a performance

"Well look who made it out" Tony joked and patted her on the back

"Well who wouldn't want to come to a party like this" she spoke and the whole group let out a chuckle or two

She charmed everyone magnificently, it was like she knew each one of them personally. What would make them laugh what wouldn't, the sensitive topics and the out in the open topics. If only they'd seen this women earlier they never would have been able to tell it was the same person.

"I ought to get going, a lot more people to talk to, of course we'll catch up later" she smiled and placed her hands on a mans shoulder.

•Kat•

I turned around and walked away letting a deep breath out, being like this was utterly exhausting. I looked over at the bar and saw a friendly face standing behind it.

I walked over and slumped down onto the stool

"Rough night?" Natasha said sliding be a glass of champagne

I grabbed it and swallowed it quickly because I was going to need it if i had to finish this charade "It's going quite well actually, it's all the effort that needs to be put into it is what's making it rough"

"I know the struggle, but being a 'cold hearted bitch' as some would call it, isn't exactly the personality type these people look for " she joked

"they deal with Tony so they should be used to it by now" I took a drink and Natasha giggled

"Alright you beautiful black stallion get back out there and charm the pants off these people"

"What does that even mean?" I laughed

"I don't know just get back out there"

I sighed "fine"

I saw Thor and Steve talking to some veterans, and if there's one thing I can do I can charm old people.

"What's going on over here" I asked walking up to the table

"These men insist on drinking asgardian liquor, it is not meant for the mortal man" Thor boasted

"Pour me a glass and see if a mortal women can take the heat"

"If you insist" Thor poured me glass a slide it toward me

I picked it up and brought it to my mouth, I hesitated for a moment but then I gulped it down and it burned like a motherfucker

I sat the glass down on the table and slide it back to Thor "Another" I said with a mischievous smirk on my face

•Steve•

"Found you" I said leaning over the bar

"Am I it now?" Katherine joked

I climbed over the counter and took a seat with her on the floor behind the bar, she was sipping on a bottle of champagne.

"Looks like you can take your liquor" I chuckled a bit "those men almost went home in coffins and they only had one drink, you had five"

"What can I say, it's the schuster liver" she said patting her stomach

"I thought only a god and a supersoldier could drink that stuff"

"I'm just as super as you" she said moving her head to face me

There was a brief silence that Katherine decided to fill by chugging the bottle of champagne in her hand "Bette Davis once said that there comes a time in every women's life when the only thing that helps is a glass of champagne" she smiled on delight

"I saw a whole other side of you tonight, I didn't know you could be so charming"

"That wasn't another side of me, that was me, or the old me id rather say" she rolled her eyes

"What do you mean by that?" I asked confused

"I used to be bright, lovely, graceful, and charming. My Mom used to call me sunshine because I was so wonderful and kindhearted." She said it with a slight hint of disgust "I sound self centered but the truth is I was beautiful And happy, I could charm anyone and I mean anyone. You could put someone who Absolutely hated my guts and by the end I was done talking to them they would love me, I was great at being me. But now I'm just a cold hearted bitch who's on your alls top ten threat list"

I was taken aback by her bluntness "what?"

"You thought I didn't know" she laughed " You forget I'm telepathic, I've decrypted and gone through every single file you have on the database."

"I didn't kn-"

"Please no Lying, I hate lying. I can always tell when you're lying." She was blunt again.

I was silent "See, cold hearted bitch" the tone in her voice shook slightly and I could tell she was upset just not showing it

"I don't think you're a cold hearted-" I paused because I really didn't want to say the word "- person" she laughed at me "that's the last thing you are, you're sweet and kind but you cover it up with sarcasm because it masks the pain"

"I don't feel pain"