Chapter Four:Secrets (EDITED)

Ariel's POV

I woke up to the feeling of something hard around my waist. I couldn't see anything but darkness. My heartbeat sped up as panic rose in my chest. Where was I? Who was I with?

Just then, the darkness, aka the pillow, was lifted and light ran into my eyes. "There's my strong little mate," Shane smiled as he gave me a light kiss on the forehead before he picked me up and put me in his lap then started playing with my hair. I giggled as butterflies exploded within my stomach and sparks danced across my skin. He said that I was strong in his eyes. He said I was his. "What do you want for breakfast, Beautiful?"

I shrugged and closed my eyes and moved closer to Shane, enjoying this perfect moment. But of course, it didn't last long, because just then, I heard a knock on the door. Shane growled in frustration. "What?" he snapped.

"Stephanie has awoken," a male voice called from the other side of the door. Another growl escaped Shane's lips then he sighed.

"I will be down in a few minutes," He called, reluctance evident in his voice, before turning to me with sorry eyes. "I'll be back in thirty minutes okay?" I nodded as I watched him get up. He went into his closet and threw on a shirt. He gave me one more look before saying "Love you."

My heart skipped a beat every time he said that. I pointed to my heart then to him then put up the number two, causing him to smile before he left.

As soon as that door closed, my heart was filled with sadness. I wanted my mate to be with me at all times. Always and forever, period. I started wishing that I'd asked to go with him, but whatever he was doing was Alpha business. I need to learn before I can lead. I stared at the TV that wasn't on, pondering on whether I should use energy to get up and look for the remote or to go back to sleep. I stared at the TV for about three minutes before I sighed and started looking for the stupid remote.

****

Shane's POV

I narrowed my eyes at the sorry excuse for a wolf that laid on the floor of the cell in front of me. She had many bruises and cuts and broken bones due to her and Ariel's 'encounter" yesterday. "Please, Alpha," she begged. "I-I'm sorry. I-It'll never happen again-"

"You're right. It won't," I growled. "Because I'm making you an Omega," I rarely gave someone the punishment of being an Omega, but when someone messes with my mate, they're going to pay. Of course I won't treat her the way Morgan treated Ariel because that's not the kind of person I am.

"You will do anything that anyone asks of you whenever they ask you to or how they ask you to," I said as I walked around the circular cage. "You will never refuse unless it is a danger to the pack. If it is enough danger to get you killed or if someone's trying to take advantage of you or hurt you, you may refuse, but if it only destroys your pride, then I do not care, understand?"

She nodded.

"And if I hear of you refusing or harassing anyone, I will immediately make you go rogue unless you'd like to go rogue now. If so, then you have thirty seconds to get out of my territory before I send the Warriors, Trackers, and anyone else who wants you dead to come after you."

"Omega will be fine, Alpha," she whispered.

"Alright," I said as I walked to the cage door and started unlocking it. "But before I start you on your duty, you will go and apologize to my mate. If I even think I hear sarcasm or disrespect, I will make you go rogue and I will personally hunt you down, understand?"

"Y-Yes Alpha." she stammered as she walked out. I grabbed her by her wrist and forcefully dragged her to the pack house to make sure she was begging for my mate's forgiveness.