Chapter 52 : Loose Thread

Note: As always guys, read after-note :)!!

---

"Ugh Mum, why do I have to go?" I complained for the last 20 minutes. "Hunny, we need to attend to represent our company, and plus, I don't wanna go alone." she pouted, clasping onto my arm. "But mum, you usually don't need me for 'these' kind of things.. I--" "Oh hush up." she tutted. "You've done alot since you came back home, so why not put it to good use huh?" she joked, nudging my thighs quietly, grip tightening against my arms. I heaved a deep sigh, and nodded in resignation.

It wasn't that I was mad at her or anything like that... Ever since I was literally brought back, I didn't exactly have enough time to mope around. For some odd reason, I wanted to do something for myself for once, so I started working out at the gym, and helping my mum with the business, even if it's just started out with sharpening the pencils on her desk. Then, from there, I used the apparent banking skills I learned through Louis when he had to plan some plan for his mum's next meeting.

Then I started branching out more to political schemes, and little did I know it, I've learned up to around 3 to 4 books by hands-on-practice. Mum was absolutely thrilled about my progress, but frowned upon the free time I spent usually spent on her workplace. She still didn't let me in through her own private office, because of privacy issues, so I start to wonder, did she actually trust me?

Whenever the subject was somehow brought up, all she did was shake her head, and insist that she trusted me to the full extent, but, she says that she doesn't think that she can handle anybody going in, in general, and I believe her, I really do.. But it's pretty hard to at least be tempted to have a small look, and see if she didn't hide dead carcasses in there like I had theorized. But alas, I have yet to successfully infiltrate the place.

I felt my neck get tugged slightly, and there was my mum, smiling proudly with her maroon-colored lips quirked up into a smile, and her pearly white teeth beaming like a beacon as if she was re-assuring me. Her slim fingers nimbly fixing up my collar, and re-adjusting my bow tie. I felt the corners of my lips tugging into a small smile.

"Thanks Mum." I murmured, gently pecking her cheeks. "Let's go to that party."

-|Niall POV|-

"No. Fucking.Way." I widened my eyes, staring at the guest list once, twice, three times. "What babe?" Zayn asked, wrapping his long tan arms around me comfortingly. I gave his cheek a quick peck, and stared back into the exact spot I've been staring at for 10 minutes. "Look at this Zayn!" I pointed right to the exact spot. He quirked a brow. "Anne Cox? What about her?" I shook my head, pointing to the slot next to her, and Zayn gawked.

"That son-of-a-bitch. He's actually attending!!" he exclaimed with a smirk on his face. "But, why would he attend this party, unless--" "He didn't know Louis was attending it!" we both screamed at the same time. An epiphany occurred between the both of us, and we quickly tugged Liam who was obviously sexting his girlfriend with his tongue slightly sticking out in concentration, and blush that coated his cheeks.

"What?" he croaked, clearing his throat as if he was trying to hide something. Zayn rolled his eyes, and pointed at the spit where 'Harry Styles' was clearly written in blue-ink. Liam looked like he was about to burst into an episode of "Teenage Fangirl Problems", so both our hands clamped his mouth shut, before a squeak can emit from his throat. "Shut up." Zayn growled at the boy.

"Yeah Li. Shut up, and we'll let you go, alright?" he blinked twice, and nodded. "S-So he's here? He's actually here?" he asked, rubbing on his eyes as if he was trying to to differ reality from dreams. "But," the thought occurred to him also. "doesn't he know Louis' coming also?" "unless.." Zayn retaliates. Liam widened his eyes in surprise "Unless he didn't know that-- mmrrph" Zayn plastered Liam's mouth once more. "Scream again Payne, and I'm sure I'll be able to put that last name to good use; beating the crap out of you." he threatened.