Chapter 49 - Night Island Adventure

Eriss POV

Even though the island was big, having a little peace wasn't always easy, it was almos and impossible mission. After much insistence, I managed to convince Kid to go to the nearest island and have a night to ourselves. We spent a lot of time together, but it was rare that we did anything as lovers. There were certain things I couldn't deny my romantic side to and this was one of them.

We sat at the bar and ordered our drinks.

-I like living on the island, but life is no longer as routine as it was on the ship and we have the opportunity to enjoy a little more of what the cities offer, and escape even if just for a night from those crazy people!

-And I was thinking that you liked to be locked with me on the ship

He slides his hand from my knee to the inside of my thigh.

-Eutass, this is not even a point to be debatable. It is impossible to resist or provoke you...

I bite my lip and grab his hand, intertwining our fingers. He sighs, which makes me laugh. We continued talking about banal things.

-I have to go take a piss, I'll be right back

I had chosen a bar that was a little calmer and had a more sophisticated vibe compared to the other time we came with the group. Even though it was still a little early in the evening, the bar was still full of people sitting or standing.

I order another drink when I feel someone touching my shoulder. When I turn around I see a woman with long black hair, blue eyes and a very high neckline.

-Finally found you! - She looks at me with a look begging for help.

-It's about time, always making me wait – I hug her and make her sit on the free stool next to me – bartender, there are two after all

I see a man who stops next to her, probably from whom she was trying to escape, who goes to grab her arm. But before he does that, I take one of the knives that I had hidden in one of his boots, and I grab his forearm and hold the knife to his throat.

-One touch and you are a man who will not see tomorrow!

The man swallows hard and tries to use brute force to free himself and then grab me. He just wasn't expect me to be stronger than him. I make a slight cut near his eye that scares him and as soon as I release his forearm, he leaves without looking back.

I sit back down in my seat and put the knife back down.

-Wow, that was impressive. Thank you so much!

-Are you okay? Did he do something to you?

-I'm fine, he was just chasing me.

We receive our drinks and she holds out hers to toast me.

-Can I know the name of my savior?

-Eriss, nice to meet you

-Naomi, otherwise

I noticed that she was a little restless and was constantly touching the glass with her finger.

-He's not coming back, you can relax - I receive a small but contagious smile - feel free if to stay you want company for the night. A person as beautiful as you will always attract desired and unwanted looks.

I feel myself blushing. I can't believe I just said that, my game is terrible. But that slender figure captivated me, especially in need of my help.

-If one of the looks of desire is yours, I accept the invitation.