Chapter forty

(Harry's POV)

Louis and I decide to celebrate New Years at Liam's house. I have really missed him lately because I haven't been able to see him since Christmas. He and I have both been busy with our families, and Lou went on a trip with his family to see his grandparents in Doncaster for two days. We haven't had time to see each other lately.

Today, Liam's parents went out for a dinner date, so he's allowed to have a few friends over for the night. He invited Zayn and Alex, too, but they both said that they're spending New Years alone together, so it's just Lou, Niall, Liam and I.

"What time is it?" Louis yawns. He's sprawled out on Liam's couch with me, his head resting on my lap. He looks so adorable curled up like that. He looks up at me and bats his eyelashes cutely.

Niall and Liam are sitting together in the other sofa, cuddling and laughing about some inside joke that neither Louis nor I understood. I swear, they are always laughing about something.

"It's only eleven o'clock babe. Don't fall asleep." I say, playing with Louis' hair. I twirl a few strands of his hair through my fingers and kiss his forehead gently.

"I can't help it! I'm bored. We still have an hour to kill until midnight." Louis whines, looking up at me.

"Fine, what do you guys wanna do until then?" I ask.

"We could watch a movie." Niall suggests. Liam's arms are wrapped around Niall, and he's sitting on Liam's lap like a little kid.

"No, Louis always falls asleep during movies." I admit. Louis looks at me and huffs, but I just shrug, insisting that it's the truth.

"Fine. We could play a game?" Liam suggests.

"Or go streaking." I joke.

Louis laughs, "As tempting as it is to see your incredibly sexy naked body, it's freezing cold outside." he reminds me.

I chuckle, "It was just a joke, Lou." I say, shaking my head.

"Stop it, you two." Niall cuts in. He rolls his eyes at us before continuing, "We could play truth or dare? It is new years, after all."

I look down at Louis, who just smirks at me. I really do hate truth or dare. Somebody always ends up getting hurt.

"I don't think that's a good idea." I mumble.

"Aw, c'mon, curly!" Niall encourages, pouting his lip. I have to admit that he looks really cute like a puppy when he does that, but it's not very persuasive. It only works when Louis does it.

I shake my head.

"Let's vote, then. All in favor of playing truth or dare raise your hand," Liam says. Liam, Lou and Niall all raise their hands and smile at me. I roll my eyes and sigh.

"Fine."

They all cheer and we sit around in a circle next to the fireplace. Louis sighs and pokes my cheek, telling me to cheer up. Liam sits cross legged next to Niall and he points to Louis.

"Louis, truth or dare?"

Louis bites his lip, "Um, truth." he says.

Liam smiles, "What's the farthest that you've gone with Harry?" he asks. Louis' eyes widen and his mouth gapes open, but then he closes his mouth, and opens it again, unable to speak.

"Do you want to use your one and only chicken?" Liam pressures.

Louis shakes his head, "No, no. Um, well hand jobs and blow jobs a couple times but that's it." he mumbles, pink rising to his cheeks. I feel myself blushing as well and I just look down at the ground.

"Oh, is that so?" Liam chuckles.

"Niall, truth or dare?" Louis asks quickly, his cheeks turning even redder, if that is at all possible.

"Dare." Niall declares.

"Alright. I dare you to. . . go drink diet coke and mentos together." Louis says, eyeing Niall evilly.

Niall smiles, "Pfft, that's easy." he laughs. He stands up and trots into the kitchen, then comes back moments later with a large bottle of coke and a couple mentos candies. He sits down again and chugs half of the bottle of soda. He tilts his head back and adds two of the candies into his mouth, then closes his mouth.

We all watch as his mouth foams up and he spits out a bubbly mixture from the chemical reaction of the two foods. We all start laughing as Niall spits out the messy concoction. We all soon calm down and Niall chuckles.

"Harry, truth or dare?" he asks me.

"Dare."

"I dare you to call a number in your contact list- I get to chose- and tell them that you're pregnant and then hang up." he says.

I sigh, "Niall, that's stupid." I say.

"So you wanna use your chicken?" he asks me, raising an eyebrow.

"I never said that, I just said it was stupid." I grumble. I take out my phone and toss it at him. He smirks and scrolls through my contact list and picks a random number, puts the call on speaker, and holds it up to my lips.

After a few rings, somebody answers; "Hi Harry." a feminine voice says. It's Jenna. I shoot Niall a glare for calling Jenna of all people, but it is a dare, after all.

"Hi, Jenna. How are you?" I ask.

"Um, 'm fine. Why are you calling me? Aren't you with Niall, Liam and Lou?" she asks me.

"Yeah, but I just wanted to tell you that I'm pregnant!" I say in a girlish shrill. I hold back a laugh and feel a smile tug on my lips.

"What!? Harry what are you-"

"Sorry gotta go!" I cut in. I hang up the phone as quickly as I can and start bursting out laughing, and so do the other boys. After the laughter cools down, I take my phone back.

"Okay, Liam, truth or dare?" I ask him.

"Truth."

"Hmm. . . um, have you ever had a sexual dream about Niall, and if so, what was it about?" I ask, then smirk. Liam's cheeks turn bright red and he glares at me, giving me an I'll-kill-you-for-this look. Niall chuckles and turns to Liam, a questionable look plastered on his face.

"Well, um, I have." he admits.

"Ohh, so what happened?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

Liam grits his teeth, "I hate you for this, Harry." he groans.

I chuckle, "So. . . what happened?" I press on.

"Erm, well, Niall basically sprayed whipped cream all over my naked body and licked it off and ate chocolate off of me and yeah. . ." he says in one breath. My eyes widen and Niall just starts laughing, not finding it awkward at all. Louis stiffens from beside me and Liam just frowns, his face turning a bright shade of red.

"Are you serious?" I ask, a smile forming on my lips.

Liam nods, "Mhm." he admits.

Niall smirks and whispers something to Liam, causing him to turn ever redder. Liam's eyes bulge and he just stares at Niall in amusement, who is still smirking.

"What-" I start.

"Nothing," Liam mutters. He looks directly at me, "Harry, truth or dare? Pay back's a bitch." he says.

I gulp.

"Uh, dare." I say.

"Ohh, you're gonna regret that." Liam teases, "I dare you to take a picture of Louis and you snogging and put it on a social networking site."

I freeze and my jaw locks, unable to say anything. Louis just looks at me, a hopeful expression plastered on his face. My throat tightens. I want to come out to the world, I really do, I'm just not ready. I can't really explain it. It's not that I'm ashamed or scared, I'm just not ready.

"I- I. . . chicken." I mumble.

They all fall silent. Louis frowns and glares at me, suddenly looking angry. He looks furious. I know that he wants to come out, but I just can't. Not yet, and not like this.

"Louis, I'm sorry but-"

"But you're not 'ready', I know." he spits, putting finger quotations around the word 'ready'.

"I'm sorry-"

"Just stop talking." he hisses.

"Louis, listen-"

"I need to be alone for a while," he growls. He gets up and runs down the hall, disappearing into the bathroom. I hear the door slam and lock, and my breath hitches. I know how badly Louis wants to come out, which makes me feel even more guilty. I throw my head into my hands and sigh.

"Damn it . . . fuck. I ruined everything." I growl.

I feel Liam lie a hand on my shoulder, "Harry, I'm sorry. I didn't know-"

"It's okay. It's my fault. I don't know why I'm so afraid of coming out! I'm not ashamed or scared I just. . . can't!" I sob.

"I know, I know, shh. . . just calm down. Niall, can you go talk to Louis?" Liam says, looking back at Niall. Ni nods and goes down the hall to confront Lou.

Liam wraps his arm around my shoulder, "It's tough coming out. I know how you feel-"

"No you don't. You and Niall came out so easily, nobody even questioned it and both of your families accepted it with no question! The entire school adores you. But Louis and I? My mum accepts us but my dad doens't. He fucking hates us and can't even look at Louis without scowling! Louis' parents don't even know, they think I'm just a friend! And fuck, the entire school will hate it. Louis is older and much shyer, and let's be honest, I'm a lot more popular than him, not that it's a bad thing, it's just that people won't accept us a-and. . . I just can't." I cry. Liam whispers into my ear calmly, telling me to calm down.

"Please stop, Harry. It's not as bad as you think. Everything will be okay, trust me." he says.

I sniffle, "I- I don't know what's gotten into me. I'm usually so good at controlling my emotions but I just don't understand. I don't get why I'm so worried about coming out. I just can't, not yet."

"It's okay, shh, calm down." he hushes. I sigh and bury my face into his shoulder. Liam rubs my back soothingly and I relax into his arms. This is why he's my best mate.

Somebody clears his throat, and Liam and I both look up to see Niall. "Louis wants to see you." he says with a weak smile.

"I thought he wanted to be alone?"

"Guess he changed his mind." Niall says.

I nod and slowly trot down the hall, leaving Niall and Liam behind in the living room. I knock on the bathroom door a few times before Louis opens up. His face is red and his eyes are glossed over, tears threatening to fall. He repositions his glasses on his face.

"Louis. . ." is all I can say.

"Harry." he whispers back.

"Louis, please don't hate me-"

"Fuck, I don't hate you. I can't stay mad at you. C'mere." he mutters. He brings me in for a tight hug and he wraps his arms around my waist. I smile and hug him back, closing my eyes and breathing in his scent.

"I'm sorry, please don't be mad." I say into his ear.

He pulls away but keeps me close, "I'm not mad. I just don't understand. When you said chicken I just lost it. Are you ashamed of us, Haz?" he asks me.

I shake my head, "No, no, of course not! We got fucking couple tattoos, Lou. I love you."

"Then why can't we come out?"

"Because. . . because, I don't know. I can't explain it. I'm just not ready, I don't know. It sounds so stupid but it's the only way I can explain it." I sigh.

He runs his fingers through my curls behind my ears and I lean into his touch. He stares intently into my eyes and I bite my bottom lip, feeling my stomach churn with butterflies.

"I promise that we'll come out before the end of the school year, okay? I said that before. I'm sorry, please don't think I'm ashamed to be with you because I'm not- and I have the ink to prove it." I say.

"Good, because I'm proud to be with you, too." he says with a slight smile.

"I'm sorry." I mutter again.

"Don't be. I need to accept that you're not ready yet. It's okay." he says. He nuzzles his nose with mine in a quick Eskimo kiss. and I close my eyes again, leaning my forehead against his.

"Mm, I'm so sorry." I say again.

"Stop saying you're sorry. It's okay that you're not ready, I overreacted."

"Sorry." I mumble. Louis laughs and pulls away, then playfully slaps my shoulder. I wince and act like it hurt, when in reality, Louis hits like a girl. Oops.

"Aw, did I hurt you?" he pouts teasingly.

"Yes, it's gonna leave a bruise." I joke.

"How can I help, baby?" he asks. I love how we can go from fighting to teasing each other in a matter of minutes.

"Kiss it better?" I ask.

Louis smirks and pins me against the door, his hands on either side of my head. He pulls down the collar of my shirt, revealing my shoulder, and he plants light kisses over the spot where he slapped. I gulp and lean my head back, enjoying the sensation of his warm lips against my skin.

"L-Lou. . ." I stutter.

He hushes me and continues to kiss my shoulder, then trails his kisses up to my collarbone. He starts biting and nibbling on the skin and I arch my back, creating space between myself and the door. He licks and nips at the skin until a bright red bruise, about the size of my thumb nail, is revealed under my collarbone. I groan and throw my head back.

He kisses up my neck and rubs his hand on my inner thigh, causing me to buck my breath to hitch. He then cups his hand around my groin and I unconsciously buck my hips into his hand.

"I l-love you, Haz. Don't ever f-forget that, okay?" he whispers to me, whilst rubbing my member through the fabric of my pants.

"I love you t-too." I groan, rocking my hips against his hand. He kisses me again, but instead of cute I'm-sorry-let's-never-fight-again kisses, it's fast and heated. I slip my tongue into his mouth and tug on his hair slightly, causing him to moan in between the kiss.

"IT'S ALMOST MIDNIGHT HAVE YOU MADE UP YET?" Liam yells from outside of the door. I sigh and Louis steps back, rolling his eyes.

"Yeah, we're coming." Louis says in annoyance. We both chuckle and Louis smiles, "We'll finish this later." he says. We both step out into the living room holding hands and Liam grins at us as we sit down on the couch together.

"So you two are okay now?" he asks cautiously.

I nod, "Mhm." I say, and quickly press a kiss to Louis' cheek.

Liam tells us that he's glad we made up and gives us each a beer. We all stand around the TV as the clock counts down to midnight.

"5. . . 4. . . 3. . . 2. . .1!" we all shout at the same time as the ball drops on the TV. We all cheer and clink our beer bottles together, toasting to a hopefully great new year. I bring Louis in for a kiss and I smile against his lips, slightly tasting like alcohol, but it only ignites the kiss even more.

I reluctantly break apart form our heated kiss and wrap my arm around Louis' waist, "Happy new year!" I yell, a little too loud.

"Happy new year!" Niall laughs. He turns and lightly pecks Liam's lips. We all cheer again and clink bottles together. I take another swig of my beer and smile.

I bring Louis in close, "This year is going to be amazing, I promise." I say to him.

"I'm just happy that I'll be able to spend it with you." he says, poking my nose. I can tell he's already a little tipsy. He has drank one beer already, which he discarded to the side, and is almost done with his second one.

"Me too, Boobear. Me too."

[ Many of you might have noticed that the cover now says "Book 1" and some of you have asked if there will be a "Book 2". . . The answer is yes, there will be a sequel!

Also, please don't say I copied Truth or Dare the fic by AndreBsGirl. I realise that I used the same game as her but hey, it's a common game in fan fics. Also, what happened in this chapter is actually really important and essential for the ending, and I had it planned for a long time so. . . yeah. . .

And the video on the side is Same Love. <3 ]