O1. The Williams

'Mysterious thing, Time. 

Powerful, and when meddled with, dangerous.'

The next morning at the burrow, the Weasleys, along with Harry and Hermione, gathered at the table for breakfast, making small conversations among them - except for the golden trio (as they were still called), who quickly caught Arthur's attention with their silence and solemn looks.

"What's the matter, Harry?"

Harry stared around the table, all eyes turned to him, as they waited for his answer. Arthur turned his head patiently, a small frown adorning his lips.

"Harry had --" Ron was cut short.

"I'm just... I'm still having a hard time getting over what happened, how many people died...Fred, and--" Harry noticed how George's shoulders slumped slightly, eyes racking around the room blankly. "I just can't believe it's all over."

Ronald's grimace aggravated at Harry's lie; he knew fully well that was not the reason behind his glum look. The ginger gave his friend a pointy look before returning to his food. A mourning expression was plastered on everyone's faces; it became almost like a taboo conversation, specially for George who felt like he had lost a part of himself - which in a way, he had.

They continued eating in silence, Arthur reluctantly nodding his head. He had lost his son and even though it's been a while since the infamous battle of Hogwarts that put end to the reign of the Dark Lord, no time could heal the wound of losing a child - it leaves a scar; it tears at your heart. You're never complete again.

"More eggs, my dear?" Mrs. Weasley offered, with a smile that Harry noticed, didn't quite reach her eyes.

The rest of the morning went by incredibly slow. Arthur Weasley had asked Harry, Hermione and his sons to help him de-gnoming their garden. There were plenty of weeds, and the grass needed cutting but there were gnarled trees all around the walls, rare plants spilling from every flower bed, and a big green pond full of frogs.

"What was that about? Why did you lie earlier?" Hermione hissed lowly at Harry as they followed behind them.   

" I don't want to worry anyone with this," said Harry, bent double with his head in a peony bush, "everything's over, Voldemort is dead."

There was a sudden gasping noise, both friends turning slightly to see a shuddering Ron, who quickly straightened up. "That bloody name still gives me the chills," he said grimly.

 "That bloody name still gives me the chills," he said grimly

"Alright everyone let's split up. We'll start on opposite sides and meet at the center." Arthur instructed, calling George and a frowning Ron to his side. Harry and Hermione walked forward toward the right side, silently looking for a small gnome creature to send them back to their gnomeholes.

"There's one," Hermione pointed out. 

Harry glanced to his right: it was the familiar small and leathery looking creature, with a large, knobby, bald head exactly like a potato. Hermione quickly held it at arm's length as it kicked out at her with its little feet; she grasped it around the ankles and turned it upside down before she started to swing it in great circles like a lasso.