Bad Boy Love

© 2013 All Rights Reserved

I stood in my room as I packed for a three month trip. I know what you're thinking, a fun family trip, right? Wrong. I was stuck staying with my mom's best friend, Carrie, as she went to China on a buisness trip. I had to stay in this small town when my mom went half way around the world.

I sat on my third bag full of clothes and tried to zip it up. It was so frustrating!

"Get in the suit case!" I said in annoyance, but I still couldn't zip up my bag. I gave up and fell forward onto my floor, making a loud bang. I hate packing.

"Need help there?" asked my mom from my doorway. She stood in a sophisticated black skirt and a black jacket that matched her skirt. Her poker straight raven black hair was up in a bun and she had on natural make-up colors.

"I hate packing," I mumbled, still on the floor, "I want gum," I said as I began to stand up. I had been craving gum all morning.

"No," she said pulling me towards my bags. "We are going to zip this up first. Here," she said as she knelt down besides my suit case and zipped it up with ease.

"How?" I asked. I nearly spent 3 hours packing at the last minute for this 'trip', and probably and hour of that time was trying to zip up the six bags I had.

"Years of experience," she said with a proud smile. Ugh. I need that, but I'm only 17.

"Plea-" I began, but her phone started ringing, like always.

She gave me a sad smile before turning around and answering it the way she always does, "Katie Reeds speaking," I almost said it along with her, but it's a good thing I didn't. She hates it when I do that.

My mom had me when she was 19. The usual stupid, horny, teenage boy said that he loved her and she fell for it. When my dad found out my mom was pregnant with me, he left before I was even born. I am glad that I don't have that scum in my life though. Better to have no dad than an abusive one, right? Anyway, she knew he wasn't coming back, so she got a job as an intern for a billion dollar corporation. They liked her and the hard work she put in. She soon got many promotions. Now she is close to being Vice President of the buisness and making a lot of money. If she does good on this trip, she just might get it. She will finally be VP of this corporation, which has always been her dream.

I snapped out of my daze and looked at my mirror. I have my moms hair. Straight, black and plain. My mom says I have my dad's blue eyes, I hate them.

I pulled my eyes from the mirror and slipped on my black converse, bleached short shorts, and a grey tank top that was flowy and comfortable.

I fixed my make-up and hair and started taking my bags to my car. I piled them in one by one and closed the trunk to my jeep. I checked my phone, it was 10:17 p.m. and my mom's flight was at 10:30.

"Mom! Hurry up or you're gonna be late!" I yelled out. As I waited for her, I popped a piece of mint gum in my mouth to satisfy my gum craving.

"Here I come!" she said as she ran out the door and locked it. I heard her talking to herself to make sure she did everything and got everything she needed. "Set the alarm, got my bags, full tank of gas, locked the house, toothbrush, hairbrush, deodorant, work folder......" her voice went on and on as she walked over to me.

"I love you and I'll miss you," I said, "a lot," I finished as she pulled me in and hugged me.

"I will not cry," she said, but it was too late, she already had tears streaming down her face. "I love you so much, Maya," she said with tears in her eyes.

"I love you too, mom," I said as I walked her to her car.

"Be good, help out Carrie, the directions to her house are in your glove box, and BE SAFE," she said, stressing out the words 'be' and 'safe'.

"I will! Now hurry! Don't be late!" I said as she hopped in her car.

"I love you!" she said out the window while driving away.

"I love you more!" I yelled out so that she could hear me.

"I love you most!" she said, but she was already so far away that it sounded like a whisper.

I stood on the curb for a while longer and looked at her car fade away until it turned a corner and I couldn't see it anymore.

"Time to go to Carrie's," I mumbled wryly as I got into my car.

~A/N~

This is another story that was stuck in my brain. Sorry if it's boring so far, but it will get better.

♡Vote♡

★Comment★

♧Please Fan c: ♧

Ask any questions if you have them, I will be happy to answer!