O3. King of Snakes

The torches in the dim corridors provided the light that this night fairly lacked. It was Slytherin's Prefect turn to patrol the castle. And Tom Riddle was, as usual, wandering around the first floor by the girl's bathroom. There was a reason why he longed to protect this area, a reason only known to himself – or so he thought. Salazar Slytherin's secret room, the Chamber of Secrets, was created under the dungeons of Hogwarts School and the entry was by none other than the referred bathroom. Tom had searched information about the chamber for years when he found out about his ancestor.

The Chamber of Secrets was home to an ancient Basilisk, which was intended to be used to purge the area of Muggle-born students. And Tom believed it was his obligation to continue what Salazar had started.

Riddle checked both corridors before hastily entering the bathroom. The lavatory was lighten by several torches but a few to the far left were no longer burning. Tom raised his wand; "Incendio"

A jet of orange and red flames, shot from his wand setting them alight. Salazar hid the entrance to the Chamber behind the sinks in this lavatory, and bewitched the sink so that it could be only opened by someone who spoke Parseltongue. Being his true heir, Tom was blessed with his gift and, therefore the entry was never denied to him. 'Open' a hissing, snake like sound, slithered out of his mouth.It appeared to be like any other ordinary sink, but if examined carefully, scratched on the side of one of the copper taps was a tiny snake. The tap glowed with a brilliant white light and began to spin. Next second, the sink began to move; in fact, sank, right out of sight, leaving a large pipe exposed, a pipe wide enough for a man to slide into.

A small knowing grin formed on his lips and he lowered himself slowly into the pipe, then let go. It was like rushing down an endless, slimy, dark slide. He could see more pipes branching off in all directions, but none as large as his, which twisted and turned, sloping steeply downward.

His feet hit the ground, the pipe levelled out, and he shot out of the end perfectly, walking on the damp floor of a dark stone tunnel large enough to stand in. He was standing at the end of a long, dimly lit chamber. Towering stone pillars entwined with more serpents, rose to a ceiling lost in darkness, casting long, black shadows through the odd, greenish gloom that filled the place. To Tom, it felt like a home. He strolled ahead toward the edge and stood proudly in front of Salazar's statue. 

'Reveal yourself ' he hissed. Tom watched as a giant snake slithered out of the enormous mouth of Slytherin's statue – the basilisk. Of the many fearsome beasts and monsters that roam our land, there is none more curious or more deadly than the Basilisk, known also as the King of Serpents. This snake, which may reach gigantic size, and live many hundreds of years, is born from a chicken's egg, hatched beneath a toad.

Its methods of killing are most wondrous, for aside from its deadly and venomous fangs, the Basilisk has a murderous stare, and all who are fixed with the beam of its eye shall suffer instant death

Its methods of killing are most wondrous, for aside from its deadly and venomous fangs, the Basilisk has a murderous stare, and all who are fixed with the beam of its eye shall suffer instant death. Spiders flee before the Basilisk, for it is their mortal enemy, and the Basilisk flees only from the crowing of the rooster, which is fatal to it. It hissed madly at him, coming at his figure in full speed. Tom raised his hands in the air and glared evilly at its form, avoiding its eyes. 'Stop now' he hissed at the snake. However, it acted like it didn't listen. Tom enraged by its actions, raised his wand 'I ordered you to stop, you filth.'