This New Schedule

Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT!!
It makes me update quicker!!!

"Remember what I told you Blondie," Bash says from the other end of the phone.

"Yes," I sigh and roll my eyes, "I call you immediately if I need you at all."

"Or if you just want to talk," he says softly.

"Thank you Bash," I repeat for the hundredth time since New Year's. It's only been one week but I don't know how I could have handled it without Bash by my side.

"For breaking my brother's nose," he says with a laugh.

Once Bash's dad called him twenty times and finally left a voice mail Bash listened to it, letting me know that when he knocked Lucas out he also broke his nose and would need surgery. Grace is the only reason why Bash is allowed back at the house after convincing her husband but it's me who keeps him from going back there. He isn't afraid to see his little brother or his angry father, I am. He went back once, a couple days ago to grab more clothes and when he came back to my house he had a black eye and bloody hands.

He didn't even see Lucas.

After that I wouldn't let him go back, he's been sleeping in the guest bedroom of my house now after convincing my Dad to let him stay. My Dad only listened after I told him everything that happened.

My Dad might not like Bash's tattoos or piercings but he does recognize the large heart he has.

The morning bell rings signally that I have ten minutes until classes start. "Not for that although he did deserve it but for being there for me this past week."

"That's what friends are for," he says with a forced laugh but we both know he doesn't mean it. We've been sleeping under the same roof for the past week, the first couple days we slept in the same bed, and we've been around each other for almost every waking moment until he has to go to work.

"Well you are my only friend now so don't screw up," I tease.

"I won't this time, I promise," he says seriously.

"I should probably go now. I want to get to my locker before I can run into either of them."

"Alright, good luck and call me for lunch."

"Why would I do that?"

"Because I'm not letting you eat your lunch in the bathroom. I'm taking you out."

"Well actually I was gonna go with the library," I tell him, "but going out sounds so much better so okay."

"Good. I'll see you then."

"Bye Bash."

"Bye Blondie."

I hang up the phone with a disappointed sigh. As soon as I tuck it into my bag I think about pulling it back out and dialing his number again just so I can have the phone pressed to my ear as I walk up to the front doors but I decide against it.

I can be strong and independent. I don't need to rely on anyone, especially a boy.

With my new confidence I get out of my crappy wagon Subaru, reminiscing about the time Bash threw up on the hood.

Oh those were great times.

I keep my head down as I walk through the parking lot just in case either of my most hated people are hanging around out front.

I pass by undetected by either of them thank the lord but I do notice the stares from other students, mostly only seniors. My cheeks flame because I know why they're looking at me; I was the girl that saw her best friend and boyfriend doing it.