Chapter 30

I groaned when I heard the alarm on Nate's phone go off.  As much as I'm excited for this trip, I don't want to get up.  

Nate chuckled as he removed his arm from around my waist to turn the alarm off.  He set his phone back down on the bedside table and rolled back over to face me.  He cupped my cheek in his hand and gently rubbed his thumb back and forth.

"You can sleep in the car" He said pecking my lips before getting up, yanking the covers from my body making me groan again.

"It's cold" I whined trying to grab the covers from Nate.  He chuckled and put the covers down as he walked over to my side of his bed.  He grabbed my arms and pulled me to sit up as I frowned.  He grabbed under my arms and picked me up like a little child.  I wrapped my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist as he walked out of the room.  "Nate I don't have any pants on" I said into his neck.

"Sammy's seen it" He chuckled "And Em is a girl and probably still sleeping in the guest room" He said walking into the kitchen and setting me down on the counter.  I watched as he went into the fridge and pulled out the orange juice, pouring a glass and walking over to me and giving it to me.

"Thanks" I smiled raising the glass to my lips and taking a sip.  Nate poured himself a glass before opening the pantry and pulling out a box of donuts.  He pulled out my favorite kind, chocolate frosted, and handed it to.  "You're full of surprises" I laughed taking a bite.

"Only to make you happy" He smiled, leaning forward and taking a small bite before putting the donuts away.

"You don't want one?" I asked with furrowed eyebrows and a mouthful of donut.  Nate chuckled and shook his head.

"Nah, I'm not that hungry" He said and I shrugged and continued eating my donut.  Once I finished it I took the last few sips of orange juice to wash it down and then set the dirty glass in the sink.  I hopped off the counter and walked back to Nate's room as he followed.  I walked into the bathroom and washed my face and brushed my teeth and then taking my toothbrush and toothpaste to my duffle bag and putting it in the side pocket with my shampoo and body wash.  I changed into a pair of leggings and a t-shirt while Nate used the bathroom.  I grabbed one of his sweatshirts and slipped it over my head before pulling my hair into a messy bun.  Nate walked out of the bathroom with his toothbrush in his hands and stuffed it into his bag. "Can I just use your toothpaste?" He asked.

"Yeah I don't care" I shrugged as I grabbed my phone charger from the wall and adding that to my bag.  Nate changed into a pair of khakis and a plain white t-shirt before slipping on his black vans.  He grabbed another sweatshirt and tossed it over his head before grabbing both of our bags and taking them out to his car.

While he did that, I walked back into the bathroom to use it before we start on the long car ride.  I found out the car ride was about six hours, and I mean we would stop for lunch and to use the bathroom but if I go now I'm set for a few hours.  I washed my hands and walked back into Nate's room to find him sitting on his bed with his phone in front of him.  He smiled at me and I smiled back as I walked up to him.  He tilted his phone and I realized he was probably videoing me.

"Nate" I whined, covering the camera with my hand that's covered by his sweatshirt.  "I look a mess" I laughed as he pulled the phone away.

"You look beautiful" He said grabbing my hands and pulling me in between his legs.  I scrunched my face up and he chuckled "Believe me" He said and I sighed.  I leaned down and cupped his face in my hands and pressed my lips to his.   "Why do you always have the sleeves over your hands?" He asked as I pulled away and I shrugged.

"I like sweater paws and your jackets are really easy to do that with since they're so big" I said and he nodded with a slight grin.

"What are sweater paws?" He chuckled and I lifted up my hands that were covered by his sweatshirt.