Chapter 10

Caleb

It's been a few days, and she still hasn't woken up. Kaley took off her oxygen mask the first day, but she's still hooked up to the drip. I see Piper everyday, when I wake up and before I go to sleep. Mason has been telling me stories about her, however it is quite frustrating. It's just stories, I'm not learning anything about her. I need to get to know her, but Mason keeps saying that it's Piper's job to tell me about herself. Which is just fucking stupid because obviously, she can't tell me anything.

I haven't spoken to Zach, her brother. I saw him a couple of times and we exchanged greetings, but that's all. I guess I should get to know him, since I'm his sister's mate. I'll do it after Piper wakes up. According to Wyatt and Emily and Amanda and Mason and basically everyone, I'm angry all the time. But they can't blame me, I found my mate just for her to pass out.

These past few days have been hell for anyone who goes near me. I lash out at the littlest things. My wolf fights to take control everyday. I have to go on runs for three hours just to calm myself down. The first day was the worst.

*FLASHBACK*

"Hey Caleb" Amanda greeted me as she walked into the kitchen. I grunted in response whilst she started digging through the cupboard. I grabbed a bowl and poured some chips into it. "Do we have any Oreos?" she questioned.

I stuffed a few chips in my mouth. "You hate Oreos" I pointed out.

She nodded. "Yup. But the kid wants some" she stated as she moved a few things around. "Do you know where we keep them?" I shrugged, but her back was facing me. "Are you listening?" she asked.

"I said I don't know" I snapped. "Use your damn eyes and look for the fucking cookies!"

I stomped out of the kitchen and bumped into Wyatt. He looked at my sister, then back to me. "You should go for a run" he stated.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Don't tell me what to do" I growled out. My wolf was surfacing, and I could tell that my eyes were pitch black.

Wyatt put his hands up in surrender. "I wasn't. It was just a suggestion" he said calmly.

"Well, take your suggestion and shove it up your ass!" I shouted and stormed off once again.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

Let's just say that everyone kept their distance after that. Which was a smart thing to do because the second day, I used actions instead of words. There were holes in every wall, furniture was flipped, anything glass was broken, and I even ripped out the fridge door. I'm not the most pleasant person to be around, at the moment.

I usually just stay in my office, which I'm doing right now. I'm trying to do some paperwork, but Piper keeps filtering through my mind. She's not getting any better, and everyone is calm except me.

Kaley says that I still can't touch her. But honestly, I'm considering it. My touch can heal her. It doesn't even look like she's waking up anytime soon. I can't get through another day with Piper like this. I got up from my desk and made my way to her room. Mason was sitting on the couch talking to Zach.

"Hey, Caleb" Mason greeted me. I ignored him and went straight to her bed. "What are you doing?" he asked cautiously. I can heal her. This is gonna work.

I gently picked up her cold hand and rubbed my thumbs in circles. The sparks erupted on my skin, and I know that she felt it. Piper stirred a little. It's working. I continued to rub her hands and her eyes slowly fluttered open. Her brown eyes were as beautiful as ever. But they held confusion and fright.

Piper pulled her hand from mine. She flickered her gaze around and laid her eyes on the IV drip. Panting, she ripped the needle out of her arm. "Pipes. Calm down" Mason said softly. She started to hyperventilate. Mason slowly approached her with his hands up. I just stood to the side. I never seen someone hyperventilate. She flinched away from Mason and moved until her back hit the headboard.