𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. REVELATIONS

˖*°࿐chapter eight

˖chapter eight.
viii. REVELATIONS

———

janelle

Sometime last night I found myself laying in bed wide awake. I couldn't sleep after finding out that Kai won the merge and was possibly going to be around a lot more. But it had mostly to do with what he told me that kept me up all night.

I just couldn't seem to picture the two of us being together in any lifetime. And I'm still not sure if anything of what he said was true. Trust me, I would definitely remember being with someone as crazy as him.

After hours and hours of not being able to get any rest, I got dressed and went out for a long walk. Yeah, I probably shouldn't be out this late, but I think I can handle myself. I don't know what it was that brought me here, but I just needed some answers.

Knocking on the door, I waited patiently for someone to open it.

"Janelle, what are you doing here?" Alaric questioned while rubbing his tired eyes. "It's 2 o'clock in the morning.

I pursed my lips. "I'm aware of the time, Ric. I need to speak to Jo, it's urgent."

"And it can't wait until the sun is up?"

"No, it can't." I shook my head as he leaned against the door frame. "Look, I know she's been through a lot because of what happened to Luke and I'm sorry about that, really I am. But ever since her family has walked into my life, I've been left with far too many questions. So, you need to get her out here right now, so I can get some answers."

"Ric, why are you — oh." I glanced over Alaric's shoulder to see Jo come out of their bedroom. "Janelle, what's going on?"

"We need to talk, and I'm not asking this time," I said firmly.

Jo hesitantly nodded before finally saying, "Come in. I'll make some coffee."

I smirked, pushing past Alaric, who clearly didn't want to let me in.

"Thank you." I sat down on the couch as Jo went into the kitchen. "You can leave now, Ric. This discussion is a private matter and I don't need you blabbing to Damon about it."

He stayed in his place until Jo went over to him, giving him a kiss. "I'll be fine," she assured him and he nodded, going back to the bedroom. "So, what is this talk that we need to have about?" she asked.

"Oh, I think you know exactly what it's about," I replied. "You've clearly been trying to put it off for weeks, but we both knew that this day would come eventually." Jo turned around to look at me with a nervous expression. "What aren't you telling me, Jo?"

"I-I don't know what you mean," she stammered.

"Oh, miss me with that," I said. "I wanna know why your lunatic brother thinks that we were together in 1994 when I have no recollection of any of that whatsoever," I stated, harshly. "So, I'm going to ask again. What aren't you telling me?"