Part two

I was in my room, crying really hard. I can remember that Musicana night. That night changed my life, for worse.

Manik and I, had been enemies at first and then suddenly we got attracted towards each other. There were so many instances which made me believe that Manik really did love me. On the opening night of Musicana, we had our first kiss. I promised him I'll always trust him, I'll shine for him like a star and he'll always be in my prayers. My mother always used to say that when fireflies glow then its a sign of pure love. The day we kissed, the fireflies did glow. I was shy at that time that's why I didn't express my love for him, even though he asked me lots of time. Next day I thought I'll express my love for him. I did even get my fireflies just so that they glow when I meet him and tell him what my mom used to say. But he probably had something else in his mind, something bigger. Being Manik he never did things anything small in scale, everything used to be grand in scale for him. EVEN REVENGE. Yes. That night he told me he played with me. He kissed me because I had punched him. He kissed me so that he can break my heart into billion pieces. His exact words were- "so Nandini Murthy this is our story... From the punch to the kiss."
I was broken but I was sure he wasn't serious. I really thought he was just pulling my leg but when I asked him. He..he just made fun of me. He was about to finally say it but I wouldn't be able to hold it. I asked him, no not asked I actually begged him not to say it. That's when he did it. He took out the famous fab5 victim sticker and putted it on my forehead and said,"finally Mission Nandini Murthy Accomplished. I won."
My feelings, my love everything was a mission for him. Just to show me down, just to insult me he played with my feelings. That night I wasn't able to perform on the stage. I got stuck in the middle of the stanza that I was singing. I just couldn't sing, my voice just froze in my throat it wouldn't come out, the only thing that didn't stop coming out were my tears. Because of this I lost my friends. I knew nothing was left for me in SPACE.
That was the last night That I saw him. Next day I left Mumbai forever. I went back to Amms. After a month she died and then I came here to settle my small world here.

I was sure as hell I wasn't going anywhere near Manik again. I won't say I hate him, because that's not true. I love him, even after all this yes I love him. You know they say love is easy to begin and difficult to end. Its true. I loved him from every core of my being. He is the only guy I've ever loved and probably always will be but the trust, it has been broken and broken trust can't be fixed.
I heard the bell ring again. I hurriedly went to wash my face and went to open the door. I saw Nancy standing there making a grumpy face.
I smiled at her. I said,"hey good morning sweetheart! What's up with you in the early morning you? You look really pissed off!"
I shifted a little so that she can enter. She entered and while going to the kitchen she said,"nandini how can your brother be a such a jerk? He promised me he'll take me out for breakfast at 8.00 am and its freaking 9,00 am. Where is he?"
Okay they are Nancy and Rishabh for you. These two have been together since last year when Rishabh entered college. Nancy is a really sweet girl. She is Indian and lives two blocks away. Problem with Rishabh is,well he loves to sleep and this time it looks like he won't be spared.
I said,"he probably must be sleeping. You already know how he sleeps! He is on another planet when he sleeps."
Nancy made a face. She looked at me and then widened her eyes.
Nancy said,"oh my god Nandini. You've been crying. Again. Why? What happened now? Is everything fine with chacha-chachi? Anything happened back in Mumbai?"
Nancy and rishabh knew everything about me. When rishabh grew up and was mature enough, it was time for me to answer his numerous questions. I owed it to him. His life got changed and the least I could do was to tell him the truth.
Nancy was looking at me waiting for an answer. I don't want make them to be tensed with my issues. So I said,"oh nothing happened! I didn't sleep all night. I was working on a new song."
Nancy said,"oh come one Nandini. I know you too well. Tell me what happened? Spill the beans."
Before I could say anything, she saw the audition pamphlet on the central table. I can tell that she got that I've been crying because of my past.
Before she could say anything," don't say anything. Nothing."
I ran to my room and had a long shower. I quickly dressed and went downstairs. rishabh and Nancy were sitting on the breakfast bar whispering something. I can tell Nancy was filling up Rishabh of what happened sometime back.
Before any of them asked me about it, I said," I didn't get this pamphlet on my own. I was just practicing like everyday in the morning. Accidentally their manager heard me singing and gave me this. So that I can give auditions. and don't again ask me to go for this. I'm not going. Both of you get to your work now. I'm sure you've a project to finish and I've to go to the institute."
Rishabh was about to say something but my glare then stopped him from something. He just said,"nandini this is not fair."
I replied,"baby bro life has never been fair."
I grabbed my car's keys and left.
Rishabh has always told me to move on. He wanted me to give myself another chance and work on my career. Actually it was he who broke the news of fab5 auditions to me. He wanted me to give it a shot. He always used to say Manik owes you this but I didn't want this. Being back to that world means facing Manik again.
It has been four days since that incidence. Swati didn't visit me again but somewhere in my mind l knew she'll visit again. There were only three days left for the auditions, so I was just waiting for swati to turn up at my door so that I can say a final No.
In the evening I was going back home,parked my car and walked towards my home. I saw a guy sitting on the stairs outside my house with a travel bag. I recognised that face. He got up seeing me and I ran straight into his arms and hugged him tight.
I murmured,"Cabir."