[11] Dear Agony

I snap the guards neck his body hitting the concrete with a loud thud. I lean against the wall  pressing all my weight against the solid concrete walls. Sam stands next to me his eyes full of fear as the guard comes inching towards us. I grab him my hands wrapping around his neck, he struggles to get a hold of me. I apply as much pressure as I can on his neck after a couple of seconds it finally snaps, I quietly lay him down on the floor. I search him grabbing two knifes and handing one to Sam.

He looks at me for a couple of seconds before he grabs it. He runs his thumb over the carbon steel blade. I creep slowly down the hall making sure not to make a sound. I glance around the corner my eyes scanning every room for a figure. As soon as it's clear we continue to move without making a sound. I slam Sam back into the wall, I do the same, pain radiating through my body. I let out a low grunt, closing my eyes, letting all the pain and anger in.

"You okay?" Sam whispers his brown eyes full of concern.

"I'm fine," I whisper back, "just a little injured."

"A little." Sam answers raising an eyebrow at me. "They beat us... I mean you to a pulp. You can barley walk let alone fight."

"They got both of us." I quip, "And I can fight, I'll fight tell my last breath if that means getting you out of here and back home safe."

I go to move but Sam grips my shoulder. "You mean us, I'm not leaving without you."

I look back down the hall making sure nobody else is coming before I speak again.

"Look we need to keep moving every second that we waist is another second  leading them to find us. Now from the looks of the way this building is built, it's underground and can't be more then a one story."

"So what are you thinking?" Sam ask gripping the knife in his bare hand.

"Were in Berlin Germany judging from the map and if you look at all the soldier their wearing some sort of fur coat." I begin, "This place... these people... there can't be that much left. They look like a one man group. I think... we can take them, all of them. I think there's a S.H.E.I.D base an hour or two away."

"Let's get these bastards... make them pay for what they have done. Let's go home." Sam nods his eyes filled with amusement.

I nod in agreement, we gently head towards the main exit my eyes scanning every inch of the area around us. From the looks of this place and from the people this has to be personal. As soon as we hit the main area my eyes lock on the door it's not guarded. I see a tall dark figure moving our way.

"Hey there's the door." Sam points running over to it.

"Sam!" I call out but it's too late, his knife slides across the floor.

I hear a rich chuckle as soon as he has one of his hands on Sam's neck the other holding a gun to his head. I stare at him, my body mixed with pain, tiredness, and anger. I inch towards him, he grips tighter on Sam's neck before pointing the gun at me.

"Mister tough guy aren't we?" His tone is dripping with venom.

"Maybe a little." I voice back, "I mean we did take down half your team... maybe even all of them."

He smirks at me before shoving the gun back at the side of Sam's right temple. Sam stares helplessly at me, his eyes pleading with fear and anxiety. I grip the knife in my hand ready to take action.

"What do you plan to do? Sure you killed all my guys but that doesn't mean I have more waiting on backup, just waiting for my word to come in here and blow you to away." Grey answers.