1.

I never actually thought I would ever step foot in this building again. A year and a half ago I swore to leave my life in England behind, but boy was I wrong.

'Okay Ava, all you have to do is go to your first class. These halls are beginning to seem familiar. Deep breaths in... and out...'

If I'm being honest, I expected to have a complete breakdown as soon as I walked through the school doors. To have the feeling of sorrow I know all too well saturate my mind and body as it did those first five months.

But to my surprise, I didn't feel that way. Instead, I began to feel a little nervous realizing that I'm here at this school that I haven't been to for a year, and now I feel like I'm the new girl once again. But the thing is that I'm not new to this school. I know almost everyone in my year and almost everyone knows me.

Okay, first up is English.

I stopped in front of the classroom and took a deep breath. Not only was I twenty minutes late to my first class, but I was also dreading going inside. I know people will look at me with shocked faces, no one expecting to ever see me again after it happened. But I will seriously explode if people give me sad looks and give me pity, so for their sake and mine I was hoping to get treated as if nothing happened.

Eventually, I got the courage to go in. I slowly opened the door, hearing the professor's loud voice speak to the class before being interrupted by my presence. I awkwardly stepped inside the room, all eyes now on me. Almost instantly I heard gasps and low whispers before a loud squeal was heard. That sounded like-

"OH MY GOSH!! AVA!" My best friend Sophia screamed and got up from her seat, tackling me into a huge hug.

"Ava, what the hell are you doing here?! I thought you were still in California! What are you doing in England? How-" I chuckled as a cough was heard from behind us, it was the teacher's. So much for not wanting to make a scene...

"I'm taking that you are Ava?" He asked.

"Yes sir." I nodded. This teacher was new, therefore I didn't know his name.

"I'm Professor Ross, delighted to meet you." He shook my hand. "Sophia get to your damn seat." He said, annoyed.

"Right, erm sorry." She apologized, a blush on her cheeks when she realized everyone was looking at her. She hugged me once more and said, "We'll talk after class." before she hurried to her seat.

"Alright Ava, let's see where we have room for you..." He looked around the room to see if there was a free spot for me to sit in.

"... ah-ha! There. Take a seat next to Niall over there." He pointed to the seat all the way to the back and I nodded. Although my eyes were on the floor, I could still feel everyone's stares as I walked over to my seat. When I finally looked up towards the seat I was supposed to sit in, I locked eyes with him.

His sea blue eyes amazed me, holding me in a trance and taking my breath away as mine apparently did the same to him.

Instantly, my heart pounded against my chest, and a feeling I've been unable to feel in a while crept up into the pit of my stomach, surprising me and causing me to quickly look away in embarrassment.

I reached my seat while the professor spoke and wrote notes on the board, prompting me to take out my black notebook and pen. I rested my head on the palm of my hand while my left hand played with my pen hoping my nerves settled down quick. I tried my best to listen to professor Ross' lecture on the book they were reading, but my mind kept thinking about the guy next to me.

My eyes couldn't help but sneak a glance at him. He was focused, copying down the notes from the board so I took this chance to sneakily examine him. He had dirty blonde hair that faded nicely into his dark roots. My eyes dropped down to his toned arms before I glanced back at his model-like face. I realized I was staring at this point, but no matter how hard I tried to look away, I couldn't. He was mesmerizing.