Egg Sandwich

((Excuse the title, I'm hungry))
Mephiles pov

Just about everything was going according to plan, however Sonic is still alive, but he'll meet his end soon enough. I've actually had time to 'relax' and by that, I mean examine my work and contemplate on my future decisions. I am a manipulator of time, it would be easy to glimpse into the future, however I can't let those out comes falter my current situation. If I were to see myself on top in the end I might get too cocky and end up changing that outcome on accident.

Plotting everyone against Shadow, I'll admit it's already an over used trick that's starting to loose its effectiveness. But for now I've used it to easily enter places I'd be hassled about if I were to just arrive on scene. Of course guns don't do much or any damage to me anyway, but to postpone this action would come at a cost I'm not willing to pay. Last time these two monsters, Iblis and Chaos consumed each other as well as me. They need me, with out me they're two brainless beasts. They do not comprehend anything, they have not a consciousness to plot their destruction, instead they're blindly thrashing about searching for that one thing that is missing from them.

But not this time, I don't need them. I'm powerful and compleat all on my own, a solid body which can shift to any form that has a shadow, or not have a form at all, and power with or with out chaos emeralds, and a mind; consciousness, intelligence. And that will win me the world, everyone shall kneel at my feet! If I so choose to let anyone live. I'll let the two beast wreck havoc at center stage for a while longer, I prefer working behind the scenes, pulling and tugging the strings of these puppets.

-GUN water base-

"We're stressing all options Commander, researchers are analyzing material that could be used to contain Mephiles in a new scepter. Agents are contacting the No Zone cops to see if they have any success at containing creatures like such, and there's a current search party at the bottom of the ocean floor for the remains of the Master Emerald in hopes to restore it."

"And the rest of the Chaos Emeralds? If Mephiles feeds them to chaos it will evolve and wreck more havoc."
"Yes sir. Tails the fox is so far our best option on chaos emerald tracking. Shadow is also in search, but with people now doubting his identity again he's having a difficult time being seen anywhere but the base, even our outside troops have taken their guns to him."
"Blast, it's the same thing again! This is pathetic, the same demon manages an escape, and is exacting the same damn plan years ago, and we're knocked off our feet as if this has never happened before!" Commander towers thumped his fist on his desk in frustration. Just then the phone began to ring on the desk making the mood shift awkwardly but he took the call placing it on speaker, "Hello?"

"Well well Commander Towers, long time no see! Ho ho ho from what I hear you've got yourself a little pest problem!"
"Doctor Eggman..." Commander shuddered to the sound of the voice over the phone.
"The one and only! Tell you what, last time we were on opposing forces after the same thing, but this time let's combine our forces! With your limitless supply of technology; and sandwiches, I'll be able to create the ultimate prison for that no good demonic hedgehog for good!"

"No." Sonic answered from the door way.
"Oh is that Sonic too? Hello my not so favorite rodent! But honestly you should consider it, you know as well as I do you're all helplessly running into walls in your research like hedgehogs with their head stuck in toilet paper tubes."
Commander held up his hand stopping Sonic from shouting back his face turning red. "And what is it you want Doctor... I know you're bargaining more than just supplies and food."
"Oh no no commander you mistake my good generosity for selfish gain! See, since that idiot's island sank into the ocean the sea level rose and my current base is more than held way under water. The rest of my secret bases have gotten terribly destroyed by the flames. I'm... Well it's embarrassing to say it like this, but I'm basically homeless now..."
After a quick moment of silence Commander glancing at his lieutenant, and Sonic pouting in the doorway he made his decision, "Alright, send me your coordinates and I'll send an extraction team to pick you up."
"Splendid!" The doctor answered giving his exact location as commander wrote them down.
"Just one thing Doctor, you will come in restraints and comply with several searches to your person."
"Ah I knew there was a catch. Fine if that's what it takes, but don't spend all your time on me, there's a greater enemy at hand."
"Right. Stay put, my team will be there twenty minutes tops."

After a quick and easy pick up Eggman arrived in the under water base, in handcuffs and went through another thorough search before he was freed.
"By the wet clothes and burn marks I can tell you've had quite a run in with chaos and Iblis." Commander looked the doctor up and down.
"One minute I'm enjoying a toasted turkey and cheese sandwich and the next thing I know half the ocean is in my home! Everything there was destroyed with water damage, not to mention the electricity in the water from all those components, good thing my eggmobil serves as a personal boat too! I figured I move to my base up on the Hill but that one was up in flames, I only went inside because I had a very important back up flash drive in the office there."

"Interesting." Commander murmured uninterested in all the details, "so then now that you're here, I want you busy working with the others."
"Ah, yes sir!" Eggman sarcastically saluted and was escorted to one of the labs.

"I don't like him here." Sonic groused at the commander, "something is going on, he's being way too compliant."
"Of course my suspicions are as strong as yours and he will be supervised at all times, but we need all the help we can get." Commander agreed with a deep sigh, "I'm getting to old for this..."