Chapter 6 - Unexpected Unedited Serious Video

"Hello my beautiful fans. This is Eleanor Valentine here with a new video.." I began my intro.

"As you guys may know, it is not Sunday. It's Monday. I understand that I just uploaded a video yesterday, but I wanted to tell everyone this today."

"Also, you can tell that this is a new background and a terrible video. That because my camera broke, and I'm using my phone to record this. I'm also at Luke's house."

"Today was a crazy day. You guys don't know this, but I have been abused for the past nine years by my asshole of a father. Peytlin has too.." I began to cry.

"I'm sorry, but this is going to be a really sad and serious video. Today, after school, I came to Luke's house. He started to realize that I had bruises every day when I came to school. He knew I wasn't just clumsy. When we got to his house, he talked to me a little and finally found out about me being abused."

"I had never told anyone because my dad threatened to kill me if I did. He didn't want to go to jail. When Luke found out, however, he called the cops. I didn't want him to. I thought something was going to happen to Peytlin because she was at the house."

"When Luke and I arrived at my house, my dad was already in cuffs, and he saw me walking into the house. He knew I was the one that told someone. The cops had asked if there was someone else in the house. I was worried about Peytlin. We walked up to her room, and I cried immediately."

"I'm pretty sure the afternoon in my house went something like this after the cops came: my dad saw the cops outside and freaked out. He probably went up to Peytlin's room and accused her of telling somebody," I began to cry again, "I bet she tried to defend herself. Dad wouldn't listen, most likely. He thought she had called the cops. He must've took out his gun and aimed it at her head. And he shot her."

"Peytlin is dead. I saw her lying by her desk with a bullet in her head. It was the worst thing I'd ever witnessed in my whole life. My baby sister was dead, bleeding everywhere. I don't want to tell you the gory details, though."

"Luke called my mum to tell her what happened. She thought he was joking because of the prank call in my last video. We swore to her that we weren't. She drove here as fast as she could and found out the truth from us."

"I didn't have anywhere to stay, but my mum offered to take me home. I'd never move away from my best friends here in Sydney. My mum lives forty-five minutes away. I wasn't going to live with her."

"It turns out that my mum and I are going to stay at Luke's house tonight. Tomorrow, my mum is going to go look for a flat that she, my step-dad, and I can live in. We have it all figured out now, but I still miss Peytlin," I turned to the side, tearing up once more.

"I don't want to end this video being really sad. I'm going to prank call Caspar Lee because I love prank calling people!"

I got my mum's phone from her. I dialed Caspar's number. He picked up after the first three rings. I think it's night where he lives. Fuck.

"Hello? Amy?" He asked, thinking it was my mum, "you never call. Is there something wrong with Eleanor?"

"No, Caspar, it's me."

"Oh, thank god. Why are you calling from your mum's phone?"

"I can't find mine."

"Okay. What did you need?"

"Did I wake you?"

"Yes, but it's completely fine, Eleanor. Go on.."

"I didn't want to call the cops, Caspar. I really didn't.."

"What are you talking about? Did I do something wrong and you called the cops on me? I don't think that would work. We're in two separate countries!"

"No, Caspar. I didn't want to call the cops. He got mad and shot her. She's dead, he killed her!"

"Are you drunk?"

"Caspar, I'm sixteen!"

"You could still drink.."

"I'm not drunk!"

"Okay, but what is going on? Who is dead? Who did you call the cops on?"

"I said I didn't want to, Caspar!"

"What are you talking about? I'm so confused right now."

"Caspar, just listen to me. She is dead," I began to cry, thinking about Peytlin. She is who I'm referring to.

"Who is dead? It'll be alright, Eleanor.."

"I'm joking," I laughed at his reaction, "it's for my video."

"But it's Monday. Not Sunday."

"I know. Just watch it to find out what I'm talking about. It'll be up in a little bit."

"God, Eleanor.. You scared me so much."

"Sorry Caspar. You know I love you."

"I know."

"You get to sleep.. I'll talk to you later."

"Okay. Bye," he said as I ended the call and looked at my camera again.

"So, I hope you liked this sad video. If you did, give it a thumbs up. If you are sad, give it a thumbs up. If you were surprised, give it a thumbs up. How about if you felt any emotion during this video, just give it a thumbs up."

"That's the end of today's video. There will not be any more surprise videos this week guys, I promise. So, I'll see you guys, next Sunday."

I turned off my camera on my phone and began to watch the horrible video. I didn't feel like editing it at all. I just uploaded it to my computer, then put it on YouTube. I couldn't wait to see people's reactions.