Saving Sokovia

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~❶~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Three minutes," Steve says. "Get what you need." Clint goes and loads his quiver with arrows and other accessories. Pietro and Wanda find closets for them, too. Pietro changes his shoes and clothes while Wanda watches Thor and Vision.

Tony fidgets with new interfaces, choosing Friday and putting her in the suit. "Good evening, boss."

Pietro finds a red jacket and tosses it to Wanda. I walk into the room and stand at the door, my head down. "Hey," I say. They both jump and look at me. "Figured you might want to talk about before?"

Pietro walks to me and wraps me in a hug. "What about it."

"I'm sorry I left you there at Strucker's base. I needed to be here with my family."

"It's alright," Wanda says. "I'm sorry about what happened in the salvage yard. I never meant to hurt you. I was going for Hawkeye."

"That was kind of my fault. I couldn't let you hurt my brother, even mentally. He's been there for me and I wanted to be there for him."

"You seemed to walk away pretty well, though," Pietro comments.

"Just because you walk away doesn't mean it doesn't hurt," I say and they both look at me.

"What did you see?"

"Nothing I want to see again. We have a mission. Let's get it done." I walk out of the room and Pietro zips in front of me.

"Are you alright?" he asks.

"Nope. I work with Tony. I will never be alright under those conditions." I smirk at his confusion and run off, using my speed so he can't catch up.

I meet the others in the hallway. "No way we all get through this. If even one tin soldier is left standing, we've lost," Tony says. Clint looks at a picture of his family. "It's gonna be blood on the floor."

"I got no plans tomorrow night," Steve comments.

"I get first crack at the big guy. Iron Man's the one he's waiting for."

"That true, he hates you the most," Vision says in passing.

"Ultron knows we're coming," Steve says. "Odds are we'll be riding into heavy fire. And that's what we signed up for. But the people of Sokovia, they didn't. So our priority is getting them out."

As they fly to Sokovia, Anastasia pulls Clint aside. "Clint, if something happens to me, take me underground. You got it?"

"Nothing's gonna happen to you," Clint insists.

"Just in case, I want you to take me underground. Say I don't make it or something. I'll come back when I'm ready. Take me to the house and I'll recover there."

"Alright," Clint replies, begrudgingly.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~❸~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Pietro runs through the city and into a police station. "We're under attack. Clear the city, now." Everyone ignores him and goes back to his games. Pietro runs back in, with a large gun and shoots through the ceiling, startling them all. "Get off your asses."

"All they want is to live their lives in peace," Steve continues. Wanda uses her powers to evacuate everyone she can. "And that's not gonna happen today. But we can do our best to protect them. And we can get the job done. We find out what Ultron's been building." Thor blasts through to Strucker's lab, looking around. Bruce follows. "We find Romanoff, and we clear the field. Keep the fight between us. Ultron thinks we're monsters and we're what's wrong with the world. This isn't just about beating him. It's about whether he's right."