Chapter 23: Not To Me

She quickly walked away from the scene, panting on the way out. Once she was far away, she began stumbling, then finally fell to the ground in a fetal position.

"Andre..." She whispered. "Why?"

Juri is just like the both of them. She looks exactly like her beautiful mother, Ligeia, and is as amazing. Yet she bares his eyes, and hair.

As she thought this, images of both parents flooded into her head, most of all: Andre Vaurabourg Winters. Memories flooded in for the young woman, new and old, of how Amelia Kain became the way she was and is.

*

"Amelia!" His voice called to her. Amelia smiled with an inhale of contentment. Just hearing Andre's voice say her name, could make any day. She spun around and saw that red head of his afar. Once he reached her, he then asked, "Any news?"

Amelia giggled, "News on what exactly?"

"Don't play dumb with me, Mimi." He says jokingly, using his nickame for her which made her heart jump. "That blonde angel."

Amelia's heart sank as he spoke of the woman they saw days ago. But with a forced smile, Amelia nodded. She could see it, that Andre did not feel what he felt for Ligeia, to Amelia, which she has been feeling for about 2 years. 'He loves Ligeia. And not me...' she thought.

Andre's face lit, "Did you give her the letter?"

Amelia nodded again, and reached into her dress pocket, shakingly handing him a letter.

"It's from her."

He took it into his hands, savoring it as he opened it. Amelia's heart ached as Andre's beautiful eyes cherished each word the blonde Siren wrote. He closed his eyes, inhaling a sharp breathe of happiness.

"All I have to do, is complete the Syn with her! And we'll be together forever!" He said. He embrased Amelia, "Thank you Amelia. You, are an amazing friend. A sister even, I owe you for this."

With that Andre, ran to the palace, to Ligeia. Amelia stood there, still frozen by his words.

"A friend...heh...that's all I'll ever be..."

*****

"Amelia!"

Amelia turned to the woman's voice, and spotted the blonde beauty waving frantically at her. Amelia waved back shyly as Ligeia ran to her into an embrace.

"You wouldn't believe what happened yesterday! I have so much to tell you!"

"Okay. Just let me give this to-gahh!"

Amelia was interupted by Ligeia pulling at her wrist, running faster than her actual pace.

"L-Ligeia! I have to go give the firewood to Himeropa! And Bex also needs-"

"How come they're making you work?! After all, you are their Queen's new best friend!" Ligeia said cheerfully.

Ligeia led her to the shoreline and Ligeia sat down on the sand, patting the spot next to her. Amelia obeyed her offer and they looked at each other, and Ligeia brought up her left hand.

"He proposed..." Ligeia said softly.

Instanly, Amelia's heart shattered to a billion pieces. Though she ended up saying, with a forced smile, "Oh my Gods!!!!"

Amelia embrased the Siren Queen into a hug as Ligeia laughed happily.

"I know, I couldn't believe it! It was too good to be true, Amelia! Oh he's so sweet!..."