This Missing Person

It's been two weeks since Bash got on his motorcycle and disappeared. The first week and a half I was worried about his safety since he wasn't answering any of my phone calls and I knew he hadn't been home. But then I reached the point where I just got mad. He saw me and Lucas talking on my porch and didn't wait for an explanation before he left.

If he stayed and let me explain that I had already cursed Lucas out and slapped his cheating aśs than I don't think we would be in this mess, but no. Bash has to go and act like a big drama queen and run away.

As I was growing up my mom drilled it into my mind that I should never ever let myself be walked over by someone I care about. Now I realize where that came from in her life. From her I learned that I should not let someone hurt just because they love me because if they truly loved me than they would never hurt me in the first place.

I never thought once in my mind that I would ever get back together with Lucas. He hurt me far too many times and I'm tired of having to forgive him just to get hurt again. My ideas of him that have been building up for the past six years didn't match up to who he really was at all. Sure he made me smile and he caused butterflies to run rampant in my stomach but he didn't seem to care for me as much as either of us had hoped. And he knew that as well.

"I think if I really loved you than I wouldn't have slept with another girl, drunk or not," he said to me.

Bash didn't understand that Lucas wasn't trying to get back together with me, he knew he messed up and knew that we couldn't fix whatever was between us. Lucas was only trying to apologize and end whatever ultimate hate I held for him which faded slowly but surely.

If I learned one thing from dating Lucas it's to not fall in love with an expectation, but with reality.

And with Bash, I don't expect anything from him. I don't expect him to become my knight in shining armor or to be the greatest man to ever walk this earth, I don't expect us to get married or have a future together. And it's when you don't expect things from people that you can only truly love them.

Bash and I might not be true love but we do love each other truly and that's all I want from the person who's supposed to be by my side.

If Bash would have stayed and let me tell him exactly what we were talking about than my life would be a whole lot easier right now and I wouldn't want to hunt him down and pull out his piercings one by one.

Never the less there's still the part of me that calls him three times a day, hoping against hope that he'll answer. I've barely been able to sleep this past two weeks, my mind completely full of the worst case scenarios that Bash could be in right now. When I'm in bed at night I silently cry, wishing he would show up at my window like at New Years and make me smile again.

I knew before Lucas showed up on that Saturday morning two weeks ago that I had feelings for Bash. Well I mean I've always had feelings for Bash from the very beginning but what was once desire turned into love somehow along the way. Maybe it was when he drunkenly confessed his love to me, or when he worked miracles on my little cousin, or when he danced with me on New Year's but I fell in love with him.

And now he's not flipping here to know about it.

When he gets back he's going to wish he never walked away from me in the first place.

"Is anyone sitting here?"

I look up to see Lucas hovering above my lunch table, his nose still bruised from where his brother broke it. His pale blues eyes look down at me through his long dark lashes, pleading for me to say no.

"Can't you see all of my wonderful friends," I say sarcastically, looking up and down the empty table.

He takes the seat opposite of me, unscrewing a Gatorade bottle and lifting it to his lips.

"What do you want Lucas," I ask him suspiciously.

We haven't spoken since Bash left and even though I cussed him out and slapped him he still apologized for what he did; we weren't friends by any means but I wasn't going to gouge out his eye balls anytime soon. Sure we've run into each other at school, like when Jake 'accidently' trips me in the hallway or when Summer shoves her shoulder into mine, or even when there was the word 'snitch' written in red marker on my locker last week.

He always scolds his friends for their antics towards me when I wasn't even the one who made the call, Bash did. He tried talking to me the first couple times, like when I was sprawled on the floor of the hallway, my books scattered everywhere but I only ignore him and walk away.

"I want to talk to you about Sebastian," he tells me.

I raise an eye brow, ready to burst out laughing. "You want to talk to me about your brother? Really? Do you think that's such a great idea?"

His face flushes red, from either embarrassment. I have to say that I do respect him for not hating his brother or hating me. I don't know why but I admire the way that he knows where he messed up and isn't trying to get back with me.

"I didn't mean it like that," he looks down to his hands on the table, "I was wondering where he's been lately. He hasn't come home and I figured he's not staying with you because if he were he would be picking you up to and from school. I know he wouldn't let you out of his sight."

I don't say anything until he looks up to me. "The last time you saw him was the last time I saw him. Why do you want to know where he is anyways? He doesn't really like you at the moment."

"Look," Lucas sighs, "just tell me if you talk to him okay? I'm worried about him." He stands up from the table before walking back to his vengeful friends.

Okay so just a quick note...

I'm sorry the chapter is so short but I wanted everyone to know that Sadie WAS NOT AND WILL NOT get back together with Lucas ever. I'm like Sadie, I don't let people walk all over me, especially from someone I love. If my future husband cheats on me or lays a damn finger on me or any of my children I'm getting the fuck out of there and leaving his aśs before he could say sorry. And I would not let my characters be as spineless as some people are today because I was not raised that way and I would never wish that kind of hurt upon anyone, even if they're fictional.

ANYWHORE... The chapter is short because I wanted to update quickly and I think I need to switch around a few events that will be happening soon in the book. I wasn't expecting Bash to leave, he just did because that butt face has a mind of his own.