CHAPTER SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN

"I am starving." I announced.

I didn't know for how long we had been walking for. It felt like hours had passed. The sun was barely reaching its position high up in the sky. Two cars had passed but none of them stopped for us. I wouldn't stop for us. People probably thought we were some dangerous runaways or something.

I was tired of walking and thirsty. I looked at Nathan and glared at him. "You don't look tired at all."

He grinned. "We are trained for this kind of stuff. Besides I do exercise, you know." He teased.

I shrugged. "I'm not even going to fight you on that. I am a fatass that doesn't like exercise, that's a fact."

He looked behind me. "It is a nice fatass."

I felt my ears grow hot as I slapped his arm, playfully making him laugh.

"Hey! I have signal!" Nathan said after a moment when he checked his phone. He stopped, as if afraid the signal might go away if he moved.

"Oh my god! Call a pizza!"

He turned to look at me with an amused look on his face. "What?"

I blushed. "I'm sorry-I'm just so hungry. Just call someone, please." I said waving my hands at him so he would hurry up.

He chuckled and then frowned. "I have to call your father."

Without another word, he dialed and put the phone on his ear with a dread look on his face. The conversation begins with 'we got hit by a car but we are ok' followed by a very serious Nathan saying, "I understand, sir." Over and over. Knowing my dad, he was probably yelling at him when it wasn't even Nathan's fault. I couldn't take it anymore and snatched the phone from Nathan.

"Dad we are fine!"

"Hannah?" my dad sounded confused.

"I am fine. Nothing happened to me. This isn't Nathan's fault. Now, can you just send someone to help us because I'm freaking starving!"

Nathan began to laugh quietly next to me but I ignored him. I was tired and hungry and thirsty. This was serious.

"Uh, yes sweetie. I'm going to send some help and then you and Nathan can continue your way. Are you sure you feel safe with him?"

I turned to look at Nathan who had been staring at me and smiled. "Yes, I'm sure. Now hurry before I starve to death." I said then hung up. I sent him our location over text.

"You're scary when you're hungry." Nathan told me as I handed him his phone.

I roll my eyes at him. "Please tell me they'll be here soon."

"Are you going to hurt me if I say it'll be a few hours?"

"I might eat you." I joked then laughed at the expression of his face.

"There's a car coming." He said turning around. I didn't know how he could tell, I didn't see anything.

"I got an idea." Nathan said taking off his jacket. I watched as he rolled it into a ball and then he pulled up my shirt and pushed it in there before I even had time to react. It wasn't until he pulled my shirt down that I realized what he had done. I looked down at my now pregnant-looking belly just in time for the car to miraculously stop in front of us.

The driver, an old nice-looking lady, rolled down the window and looked at me. "You guys need help?" she asked me eyeing my belly. He husband, I guessed, was in the passenger seat. They looked like nice people, I felt bad about lying.