chapter 44✿

Travis' body is lifted from mine and pinned against the wall. It takes me a second to register what is happening.

"Luke! Get off of him!" I run over and try to pull Luke back.

Why was Luke here in the first place? Probably with Michael I assume.

"What the fuck are you doing kissing my girlfriend!" Luke screams in Travis' face.

"She's not even your girlfriend anymore!" Travis yells back.

"You don't know shit!" Luke says as he collides his fist with Travis' face.

"Luke!" I scream.

"What the fuck man!" Travis yells as he holds his eye.

"You better never come near her again or I swear i'll―"

"Luke please! Just go inside." I say as I try to pull Luke's arm.

"You touch her again and it'll be the last time you touch anyone again." Luke warns as he walks into my apartment. My mind flashes back to the night that Luke told Jace the same thing.

"I'm so sorry. Are you okay?" I ask Travis.

"Seems to me like he hasn't changed a bit." Travis spits as he walks away.

I sigh before walking into my apartment and slamming the door behind me. I see Luke in the kitchen, icing his hand.

"What the fuck was that!" He yells.

"What do you mean!? You're the one that punched him!"

"Yeah because I open the door to see my girlfriend making out with some guy! I'm obviously going to hit him!"

"We weren't making out. He just kissed me. But as soon as he did, you pulled him off. And i'm not your girlfriend anymore." I say.

"Did you kiss back?" He asks.

"No, of course not." I say.

He really has no right to even be asking me any of this. He doesn't own me. I don't like Travis but if i did, it would be none of Luke's business.

"Well why wouldn't you? Like you said, you're not my girlfriend anymore." Luke snaps.

"Would you stop! I didn't kiss him back because I don't like him!"

"Why not?!" Luke yells, coming closer to me.

"Because I love you, you jerk!" I scream.

He looks up at me, anger washed away immediately from my words. "You do?"

"Well obviously. I'm not going to stop in a matter of a day."

"You didn't kiss him back?" He asks again.

"I already told you I didn't." I respond.

"Okay." He sighs.

"What are you doing here anyways?" I ask.

I don't understand why he's here if Michael isn't. Maybe he came to see me. Doubtful.

"Michael let me in before he went to Ashton's." He answers.

"Why didn't you go with him?"

"Because I didn't come to see Michael, I came to see you. I was about to leave though because you were taking so long, then I saw you kiss that fucking asshole."

I'm about to tell him that I didn't kiss him, he kissed me; but I decide to not bring it up further.

"Why did you come to see me?" I ask.