Twenty-Nine \\ I Asked Nicely

Twenty-Nine \\

"Just go, I'll meet you there." Koda hopped out of his Toyota at the Sheriff's Station, the Hale boys wondering what the hell she was thinking.

Although perpetually terrified to go into the station, she thought of saving Kira and Scott, as well as Stiles' text of a way to get Liam to Mexico without killing everyone.

Koda went through the front doors, coming to a single guard at the desk. She pretended she wasn't wanted for suspected murder and instead politely smiled at the officer at the front. "Morning."

"What can I help you with, Ma'am?" An older man looked over the top of his Sunday paper, clearly not thrilled.

"Hi, I was hoping I could speak with the sheriff."

"Are you here to report a crime?"

"No, I just need to talk to him," Koda said. Her heart was beating out of her chest, making her second guess herself. She was a known fugitive and she walked into a police station on her own free will.

"I'm sorry, Miss. You can't just come in and ask to talk to the sheriff," the officer told her. "It doesn't work like that."

"Could you just tell him I'm here? If he knows, he'll want to talk to me."

The man blinked at her, folding his newspaper in half. "What's your name?"

"Koda."

He raised an eyebrow, "You got a last name, kid?"

"He'll know who it is," Koda told him. "And I'm not a kid, I'm twenty four."

The officer picked up the phone on the desk, his expression flat as he pushed 1. "Sir, I've got a 'Koda' here asking to talk to you. She - yes, Sir." He hung up, hitting the gate release and motioning with his thumb.

"Thanks," she mumbled, going through the gate and past him.

Sheriff Stilinski quickly met her, escorting her to his office. Shutting the door, he turned to her. "What are you doing here? It's dangerous for you to come to the station."

"I know, but I need to ask you a favor," Koda said. "I big favor."

"Is this about Scott and Kira being missing?"

Dakoda nodded, "It is."

He folded his arms, "What do you need?"

"A prison transport van," she said with a slight wince. She didn't want to lie but if she said it was for Liam and also Stiles' idea, she'd never get it. "If we catch Kate, we'll need a way to get her back."

Sheriff Stilinski ran a hand along the back of his neck. "Come with me."

"Oh, my god thank you." Koda followed him to the garage with relief.

Stilinski pulled a set of keys down from a hook, "Only Deputy Parrish knows about the supernatural so I'm going to sign it out under his name. He'll understand. Please be safe."

"You're a life saver," Koda happily said. She climbed into the van as Stilinski opened the garage and gave a wave as she left.

Out of worry for her, Derek had waited despite Peter's protests to get the hell out of there. When seeing her in the van, he wheeled around and headed for the warehouse.

Within minutes the two SUVs pulled into the warehouse where Stiles' Jeep was waiting.

Stiles looked confused as he approached Dakoda. "How'd you get a prison transport van?" he asked, motioning to it.