8: Gerard Stuffs Melons Down His Shirt and Frank Turns Into Rambo

"I don't understand how you haven't been banned from this store by now," Frank chuckled lightly, bags full of groceries weighing his arms down as he and Gerard walked over to their car.

"Well it's not like I do that stuff when I'm alone, but I promised to make it interesting for you, and it's not as if anyone else noticed," Gerard smiled back, and Frank had to admit that the shopping trip had been very entertaining, if not also slightly embarrassing, because contrary to Gerard's words, quite a few people had witnessed his ridiculous behavior.

Gerard was determined to make Frank laugh at every possible opportunity during their quick jaunt to the grocery store, which had involved everything from him stuffing melons down his shirt in the produce department to him riding the cart down the aisles like a five year old, and honestly, it had been exactly what Frank needed right now, all public embarrassment aside.

Because being with Gerard and having him act like his goofy self had set Frank's nerves at ease, and the fact that no natural disaster had struck while they were out had helped as well. This area hadn't been damaged by the earthquake very much, and Frank could almost pretend like nothing bad had ever happened - almost.

But even though there weren't any physical signs of what had occurred yesterday, it was still noticeable that something had in the way that there was hardly anyone out and about, which was probably a good thing given Gerard's antics, but still - it was odd to see the usually bustling shopping center so devoid of life, even though it didn't seem to be bothering Gerard any.

Gerard hadn't even commented on the lack of shoppers, or the hurried way everyone had been bustling about as if the quicker they got home, the less chance of another tremor hitting would be, and even though Frank had been tempted to bring it up, he didn't want to upset his husband at all, so Frank had kept his mouth closed and pretended like this was just another day, because Frank wanted it to be, so why ruin the illusion?

Frank expected Gerard to be more torn up about yesterday than he was, and honestly, he was surprised that Gerard even wanted to go out in the first place, but Gerard was nothing if not unpredictable, and even though Frank knew him better than anyone else, he still couldn't read the man completely.

Frank wondered if Gerard was just covering up his fear with his joyous mood, and underneath it all he was still terrified, but it didn't seem that way. Gerard appeared genuinely happy, and Frank was more than willingly to push his own worries to the background and enjoy this time with his husband.

Frank needed to get over this sooner rather than later anyway, because if another disaster did strike, they would be no safer in their home than anywhere else, and Frank wasn't crazy enough to build a bomb shelter or something like that, so he would just have to keep living the way he had always done before he almost lost Gerard.

Gerard had promised after all, he had promised to find his way back to Frank no matter what, and that had always applied to the both of them, even before yesterday, so Frank decided he was done with his troublesome thoughts then and there, because he had no reason to worry as long as Gerard was by his side, and Gerard seemed to feel the same way if his actions were anything to go by.

And that in itself was enough to make everything okay in Frank's eyes, because Gerard was his rock, and if he was still smiling, and giggling, and acting as if everything was perfectly normal, then that was good enough for Frank, and the world could crumble down around him as long as Gerard was still standing in the aftermath.

"Come on, let's go get some coffee," Gerard suggested gleefully.

"We just bought some coffee at the store, why don't we go home and make some?" Frank rolled his eyes dramatically, because even though he liked coffee, he didn't understand how Gerard could drink so much of it in one day - seriously, he was probably immune to caffeine by this point.