Blood 4

"Y-you're kidding, right?"

"Mukha ba akong..." The girl's voice trailed off as she leaned closer to her. Elisse took a step back in defense, trying to gain control of her stubborn heart. "Nagbibiro?"

She gulped at the proximity of the contact. Hindi siya sanay na may lumalapit sa kanya ng ganoon maliban sa ina at kay Asha. But she knew that it's not the time to think about those things.

Naiilang man, pinilit niyang tumingin sa mga mata nito. Elisse can see her own reflection on the girl's pale black eyes and it's giving her the chills for some unknown reason.

At the same time, it gives her fear — fear that the girl might be telling the truth. She shook her head, trying to take a good grip of herself. "No, this is..."

Ibig bang sabihin no'n, yung nakita niyang estudyante kanina na naging pula ang mga mata, hindi niya 'yon malikmata lang? It couldn't be. That must be her imagination, that must be the trauma playing tricks on her.

Her chain of thoughts slowly became shallow, like diving in a very deep ocean and was unable to breathe, only to come out, feeling heavier and confused than ever. Her judgment on whether to believe the girl or not was the worst thing to do, it was making her feel lightheaded.

Umatras ng isang hakbang si Elisse. Gusto na lang niyang umuwi. Gusto na niyang umuwi.

Walang salita na tumakbo siya paalis ngunit hindi pa man siya nakakalayo ay nasa harapan na niya kaagad ang dalaga na para bang kanina pa ito sa pwesto.

What, paanong...

"Elisse," The black-eyed girl held her on both shoulders and she almost flinched because of her touch. She realized it was not warm, the coldness of the girl's skin was undeniable. She could feel it through the fabric of her clothes. "Relax."

She closed her eyes. Her whole being was shaking with the fact she can't escape. She's shivering with fear. Ayaw niyang paniwalaan ang mga nangyayari.

"Am...am I dreaming?" she asked instead.

Siguro nananaginip pa rin siya. Siguro nasa bahay pa rin talaga siya habang nakahiga sa sariling kama. Siguro kasama niya pa rin talaga ang ina. Hindi totoo ang mga nakita niya, panaginip lang ang lahat.

But everything felt surreal and vivid. The brown-eyed girl, Elisse, can't even distinguish reality from fantasy right at this moment.

The unnamed girl shook her head and cupped Elisse's face. Napasinghap siya sa ginawa nito at napaatras ngunit hinapit lang siya ng dalaga sa baywang para mas mapalapit.

The charcoal-eyed girl leaned her face closer to Elisse and she, in return, suddenly found herself unable to move according to her will. She can't do anything but to close her eyes and wait.

Why was she closing her eyes? She didn't know.

Soon enough, a pair of soft lips touched Elisse's as she opened her eyes. Her mind quickly went blank. What's happening? She can't think straight.

A girl kissed me and I...

The girl's lips slowly traced her own, with its hands on her cheeks, and up to her ear, caressing her skin.

"Sleep," she whispered.

Elisse suddenly felt her eyelids getting heavy, she felt weightless, her mind and body seemed to be in the clouds.

The silence became comfortable and relaxing. Unti-unting nanlambot ang katawan niya, at naramdaman ang mabagal na pagbaksak ng sarili at ang pagsalo sa kanya ng taong kaharap.

~~

The darkness welcomed Elisse when she opened her eyes. She can't see anything. The place was too dark for her.