Chapter 22

N O V A

The walk home was quicker than it usually was. Maybe it was because all these thoughts going in my mind. As I stood in front of my house I looked over at Matt's now old house. I looked around to see if anyone was around. I climbed up the old tree I'd always use to climb up to his room. The window was slightly opened so I opened it up and let myself in closing it a jar so it wouldn't have been suspicion.

I looked around and smiled at the memories that was made in this very room. Then something caught my eye a lavender box in the closet. I grabbed it and sat by the window so the moonlights would help to see what's inside clearly.

I opened it up and a letter was the first thing that caught my eye. I opened it up and began to read.

My dearest Nova Brooks,
As you begin to read this letter than I know you have sneaked into my room through my window which I left slightly opened on purpose.
;) Anyways this box is full of memories I wanted you to keep so later on in life when I visit your own apartment we'll go through this box with all you cats going around. Kidding. Hopefully. But I really wanted you to keep this for when your going through your downs. Love you Novy.
-Matt

I giggled quietly. It's funny how even when he's not in front of me he has his ways of making me smile and laugh at his stupid dorkyness. I began looking through the box which was filled with Polaroids pictures of us being silly in diapers and as kids.

'When you basically gave me a makeover' his handwritten wrote and the picture was him in a girl dress wearing make up all over him. I chuckled.

'Mr and Mrs Hollywood!' With the picture of us dressed up playing pretend.

And finally one of my favorite one that I came across.

'Best Friends Till We're Fat And Old' With the picture of us with our little arms around each others shoulder cheesing into the camera.

"Oh Matt" I whispered and saw a bracelet in the box. It was our promise bracelet of friendship along with a little note.

'Don't worry I'm wearing the other half :)'

I immediately put it on and began to pack up and put the box in my bag and climbed back out and closed the window all the way down this time and walk into my house going up the stairs checking my mom's room.

She slept there peacefully. I smiled and walked into the bathroom getting ready for bed. I placed the box on my night stand then remember the gift he gave me the day he left. I decided to opened it up, he said it came out early. I opened it up and Shawn's face was plastered on the cover.

'Handwritten' is read in white bold letters.

S H A W N

"We're here" I hear Andrew nudging me a bit. I opened my eyes and saw people removing their belongings from the cubs. I rubbed my eyes and began to walk off the plane. I walked over to where my suitcase was.

"Shawn!" Aaliyah squealed running to me and hugged me tightly making me groaned from her strength and chuckled.

"Hey!" I smiled widely picking her up and swinged her around and put her down as she ran to my dad behind me and hugged him. My mom walk towards me happy and hugged me as well.

"Welcome home" she said warmly.

"Great to be home" I murmured and grabbed my suitcase and we all walked out to a rented van tagging Andrew along.

When we got home, friends and family surprised me with a welcome back home party. My mom cooked one of my favorite meals, friends welcomed me and filled me in with things I missed as I was gone. One person who was missing and it was Victoria. I was relieved but a bit nervous. Whatever she wanted to talk about was serious.

"Hey dude want to play some video games?" Ian suggested and I was down.

I was back home now. It may be a while when I return to New York. I miss her. But this is for the best for me at least. I have my closet friends and family surrounded me to avoid thoughts on her and clear my mind.

"Yea sure!" I smiled and went to the living room with him and Lauren tagging along.

+++

"Thanks for coming" I hugged everyone as they left. I smiled weakly at them and closed the front door sighing sadly.

"You alright?" Lauren asked behind me putting her coat on. I cleared my throat. Should I tell her? I mean she's one of my closet friends but at the same time this is going to be the first time I'd ever opened up to someone about Nova. I looked at her. Words couldn't quite come out of my mouth. Instead I felt lumps in my throat. She walked over to me grabbing my hand walking up to my bedroom.

As she closed the door, I sat down on my bed placing my face into my palms. She sat next to me and rubbed my back and leaned her head onto me and softly smoothen my hand.

"You want to talk about it?" She asked.

"I don't know..." I answered honestly.

"It's alright I'm not forcing you" she says.

"No I feel like the more I keep it to myself the worse I'll feel.." I said and sat up and turned towards her. She waited there patiently for me to explain. I take a deep breathe and began to explain on how I met Nova and everything else. When I finish she just stares at me with no expression.

"You know I just opened up to someone about her for the first time and you staring at me isn't helping me feel any better" I chuckled lightly.

"No! It's not bad and I'm not judging you" she says as a bunch of weight relieves off my shoulder.

"To be honest, I always hated Victoria" she smiled making me smile as well.

"Damn, she left you love struck" she giggles lightly.

"It's like an aftertaste" I mumbled.

"Guess so, my advice would be to listen to your heart, think about the future about your choice and how it's going to affect it" she smiles.

I nodded my head.

"Anyways I have to go" she got up. "Hope you do the right thing" she hugs me as I do too.

"Night" she smiles and leaves.

___________________________

A.N; That title reference though. Lol.

Edited // Published October 3, 2015