Mermaids Never Lie

I am Brittney Turner One of the Luckyist Pirates Alive

"You cannot help her" Kayla said from behind me "she has to work out her own emotional issues and come to grips with reality" she added, I sighed, still feeling bad for my friend. I had basically trampled over her chances of being with Jack. I returned to the Captain's side and he looked confused.

"She had a big crush on you...and...." I said trialing off.

"I get the idea" he said "don't feel bad" he said "more for you" he added with a grin, kissing my neck again, I smiled in satisfaction.

"Ahoy mates, Mermaid Waters approaches!" the crew member from the crows nest yelled, stopping all else we had going on.

"Good" I mumbled.

"About time" Kayla added, I pulled out my sword, as did everyone else on deck. You can't take chances with mermaids, they will drag a man down to the bottom of the ocean and then devour him. Though they are beautiful and sing wonderfully, they are dangerous and two-faced. The water lapped gently against the bottom of the boat as we crawled along. Too much noise and the mermaids will become angry and attack your vessel.

 We would like the Black Pearl to make it through this. We huddled into a tightly packed group in the middle of the deck. If you're close to the sides the mermaids will jump up and snatch you right off board. Soon, I heard delightful singing "were close" I mumbled to Jack who was beside me, when I was looking away a mermaid popped up on the railing.

"You should have been a mermaid" she sang to me, placing her head in her hands.

 "No, thank you I'd rather not eat men, it doesn't sit right on my stomach" I replied with a sarcastic smile.

 "Then we will make you one...all of us...you are certainly pretty enough to be one..." she complemented, twirling her wet hair.

 "Thank you and no thank you" I sweetly, grasping onto Jack's arm.

 "You're cunning and violent enough to be one" then she paused "you are a child of Poseidon, just not in our form" she said with a smile "you wish to cut my head from my body......why is that?" she asked then another one came up, she had blond hair and looked a lot like me, but I was prettier...her nose was big.

  "You nitwit, you're not supposed to be communicating with the enemy! Even if she is a child of Poseidon!" she yelled at the first mermaid.

 "Child of Poseidon?" I asked confusingly, glancing to Jack.

"What you mean you don't know?....Moron...look at your left arm" she said, I pulled back my sleeve and there was a 'P' scar where my veins were supposed to be. I looked over at Jack again and he had the same scar! I glanced over to the person to my other side and they didn't have one. "No, you moron, they don't have one!"

she yelled then, another one popped up! "Enough talk...can we make her a mermaid already?" she asked, boorishly.

 "No!" I yelled and put my sword down from guarding position, this new mermaid had dark brown hair and hazel eyes.

"I don't think father will like it, a Pirate lord Mermaid....I don't think so" the one in the middle said, she had red hair with green eyes.

"Excuse me, but did you just call me a Pirate lord?" I asked, Jack smiled and mouthed "I'll tell you later" I looked up at Gibbs and nodded whilst the mermaids where bickering. "I'm sorry ladies but we have to split" I said with a sickly grin, Gibbs nodded at others and the cannons fired, turning the mermaids into mer-goop. We didn't encounter another mermaid during our short but deadly visit to Mermaid Waters.

"Ahoy mates, we're now leaving Mermaid Waters!" The person from the crows nest yelled.

"Almost there" Gibbs yelled down to us then I turned to Jack.

"What's a pirate lord?"

*"So I am one of the Nine Pieces of Eight that only Pirate Lords can be, and there never has been a woman pirate lord before?" I asked, straightening out what Jack had just told me in my head.

 "Exactly, and being one of the Nine Pieces of Eight you need a magic artifact" he said and I lifted my sword from its holster.

"it cuts the head clean off an enemy so no blood is spilt and will cut through absolutely anything" I replied with a smile, Jack smiled. "So you're one too?" I asked, my hands gently running over the hilt of my sword.

"Aye, my artifact is this compass...it will lead you to the thing you truly desire" he said with a grin, then he handed it to me. I opened it slowly and after a few moments of turning it pointed to him. He moved around and wherever he went, the compass followed. He smiled.

"What's it pointing to?" asked he, I knew he already knew the answer. I smiled and blushed in response.

"Who are the other Pirate lords?" I asked, attempting to divert his attention from the above subject.

"Captain Barbosa, Me, You, Captain Ammand, Captain Chevalle, Captain Angira, Captain Ching, Captain Villanueva, and Captain Jocard. We are the 4th generation of the brethren court....we have to meet soon...and I shall be taking you with me" he said with a sweet smile.

"Of course, I'm one of the Pirate Lords" I said, leaning back in my chair.

 "Even not I would still take you" he said with a smile, leaning towards me and whispering in my ear, half of me melted.

 "W-where is the brethren court meeting?" I asked attempting to compose myself as Jack wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my ear.

"In a cave....in Stranger Tides" Jack whispered "remember how you had the impulse to go to Stranger Tides?" he asked in a whisper, his breath tickled the soft skin of my neck.

"Y-yes" I whispered, laying my head against his shoulder, my eyes were closed.

"They were calling you.....they know your name and that Will and Elizabeth were your mother and father, but, they know nothing of what you look like or how you fight" he said in a hushed tone "which, I think you fight quite amazingly" he said, tone returning to normal. "Now, you speak of the Pirate Lords and the brethren court to no one except me" he said, kissing my neck, his lips made me shiver in delight.

"and Barbosa" I added, he looked at me strangely. "Hector has came for visits, but I do not know him in depth" I explained, Jack now sat beside me and pushed my hair off of my shoulders.  

 "Well" Jack began "my girlfriend is a Pirate lord...the honor is mine" he said with a smile, taking up my hand and kissing it, making me giggle in happiness.