Dont be afraid of the dark

Keeleys pov

I shove my earbuds in anger lay as I walk down the side walk lit up by street lights. I had just got fired because apperently having 'new spunk' in the restaurant business is what attracts more customers.

I guess my 'spunk' got old or just wasn't good enough. I smiled at all the customers, I even lied to them telling them I'm doing great if they asked how I was. Sighing I guess it doesn't matter anymore.

It's summer, I can get a new job if places are still even hiring. I turn the corner and realize this was the wrong street. No street lights are anywhere in sight. Looking down at my phone I just got a glimpse of the time before the battery drains dead.

10:30 pm. My mom is going to kill me. I try to retrace my steps, looking around me helplessly. Had I really been so caught up in my thoughts that I missed my street? Or missed the fact that not a signal street light is in sight?

Ok, don't panic. I'll just turn around and walk to where I came from right? Taking my earbuds out I shove them in my pocket. I knew I shouldn't of been listening to music on my mile walk home from work because itd drain my battery. I'm so stupid.

A wet sick smelling cloth was greedily shoved over my mouth and nose and I scream in panic clutching the persons arm that is right around my neck. My eyes leak tears that stream down my cheeks in what feels like waterfalls.

My sobs are muffled by the cloth and a husky smooth voice whispers in my ear as his breath tickles my neck. "Just breathe and it'll all be ok darlin"

I grow more determined to hold my breath, now knowing that this sick person probably has some deadly chemical that he wants me to inhale so I will die. My lungs burn and I have the strong urge to cough and breath.

Don't breath, don't breath. It's almost as if I can feel my lungs wither inside me and fall to the pit of my stomach. "Come on" he grows impatient. I take a deep breath and cough violently trying to turn my head away from this suffocating cloth. I cry out and feel dizzy. My vision blurs and I see 3 of everything causing me to have a huge headache.

The mystery man whistles and picks me up not so gently over his rough shoulder and lays me in the van. It's a white van... That ironically reminds me of the kidnapper vans I'd always point out as a child. No back windows, all white.

My head hits the floor of the van and I pass out after hearing two new voices.