[36]: Just Like Magnets

**Thank you to @purplevortex for my lovely book cover**

I stand at the top of my driveway watching Ash walk closer to me as Fin passes me to head into the house.

I close my eyes and rub my fingers into my temples; I could feel a headache coming on after all the shit I've had to deal with today.

"Can we talk?" Ash asks again. I open my eyes to see him stood in front of me. "You okay?"

"Not really Ash, I've had a rough night. So if you don't mind, I'd rather we not talk now. I just want to go to bed."

"But we need to talk..." he says and I shake my head.

"Ash I can't right now. I need to get my head straight and think."

"About what?"

"I'm not going to answer that because we're not having this talk. I'm going to bed, we can talk tomorrow."

I say turning around and walking into my house, leaving Ash to head back to his car and go home.

"Lou I'm sorry, you were right about Tina, I was wrong." He shouts after me as I reach my front door.

I turn to look at him with a sad expression on my face. "What do you expect me to say Ash." I say shrugging at him. "Well done? Congratulations? I told you what she was doing and you trusted her over me. I'm just hurt it's taken you this long to realise that I was telling the truth."

"I'm so sorry." He says and I nod.

"Night Ash." I whisper before heading into my house.

I shut the door slowly before leaning against it, feeling silent tears drip down my face. I open my eyes to see Fin stood there looking sorry for me.

"Since when did my life turn into a god damn soap opera? I feel like I'm in Weatherfield or Albert Square right now."

"At least you know your mum isn't sleeping with your boyfriend or some psycho is trying to kill you and steal your baby." He says chuckling, making me laugh.

"Well not yet at least." I sigh walking towards him as he envelops me in a hug.

"I think you just need a clean break from everything and everyone. Get away and clear your head and get an understanding of how you're really feeling for each of these boys."

"I've got too much going on to go on holiday right now unfortunately."

"Well...when's this fashion show of yours? You'll be able to clear your head when you get one of those internships."

"That's not till the summer, but I'm still hoping I get one. With or without the drama going on in my life."

"You're too talented for them to let you slip through their fingers. They'll be lucky to have you, squirt."

"Not you with this nickname as well." I laugh lightly. "I'm not that small."

"You're small enough for the nickname." He smiles.

"Thanks Fin, you're always here when I need you."

"What are big brothers for hey? Just be glad it's not Mase or Charlie here, otherwise you'd have two boys with black eyes after you."

I smile at him and shake my head before making my way up to my room. I knew he was right though, Mase and Charlie were so protective over me and Christina. They always acted then thought things through, Fin was the other way around thankfully.

I switch on my light and take in my mannequin that's in the corner of my room. The dress was almost complete and I was proud of it. In this business you have to know you're good, you have to know you have a quality product that you want to sell and that people will buy; but you also can't get big headed and cocky. I knew the designs I had and the outfits I was making for this fashion show were good; really good. I knew I was good. But whether I was good enough for what these internships wanted was another question. I didn't know how good the rest of my class was. And that's what I was nervous about.