One

I woke up to the sun creeping through my thin pastel blue colored curtains. I climbed out of bed and dragged myself to the bathroom. I picked up my hair brush and and began yanking at the tangles in my hair. When I finished brushing my hair I took a quick shower and brushed my teeth. After that I walked to my closet and spoke to myself.

"What to wear today, Rachel?" I rummaged through dresses, jeans, t-shirts, sweaters, sweatshirts, tank tops, and cardigans trying to find something to wear. I ended up choosing my grey cardigan and my blue, floral spring dress. As I pulled the cardigan over my bare shoulders I began looking for shoes. I chose a pair of comfortable sandals (the kind that don't make your feet sweat).
I quickly ran back to the bathroom to finish getting ready.
_______
When I released my final curl I unplugged the curling wand and looked at myself in the mirror. Most people would say that I was beautiful but I thought otherwise. I opened my makeup bag and put on a light layer of mascara. The bell for breakfast interrupted my thoughts, and I ran out of my room towards the dining hall. I sat down at my usual seat and waited for the food to be served. I got bacon, eggs, a few pancakes, and a cup of orange juice.
After I ate I went back to my room without saying a word. I picked up my phone from my nightstand and opened up my messages. I had a text from my friend Katie.

Katie: Hey! We miss you, Rach. Maybe you could come visit sometime? Whatcha been doing lately?

I smiled at her text, we hadn't talked in weeks. I let my thumbs hover over the keyboard and finally I thought of a response.

Me: Haha. It's very rare that Mrs. Delgruff lets us go outside! What makes you think she'd let me visit? But I'd love to! Miss you, too!

I pressed send and shut off my phone at looked at the ceiling. I stripped off my cardigan and rolled over and looked out my window. From where my room was you could see the road that led to the orphanage. There was a car pulling up, the dust flying everywhere due to the dirt road. I shot up from my position and pulled back the curtains and peeked out.

"Who the hell is that?" I whispered aloud.
______

I hope you've enjoyed the first chapter of, Adopted By Lana Parrilla! Don't forget to vote and comment!

-LeAnna