My Benefactor Chapter Fourteen

My Benefactor

Copyright © 2011 crimsonnebula

All rights reserved

Chapter Fourteen

Vote, like, fan, tweet and comment.

Enjoy! No proofreading done.

***************

(Derek's POV)

I could not believe I had lost control.

I almost lost it.

If Reagan didn't push me away, I could have sunk my fangs into her smooth delectable neck, the carotid vein visible through my preternatural eyes.

Stupid, stupid Derek! Yeah, stupid me.

Of course I just have to forget that I hadn't fed for two days. I had been so reliant with human food that I forgot my main nourishment - blood.

Reagan's scent was overwhelming, far beyond my advanced scent could take. I lived with her for two years and I made it a point to be properly fed. I wasn't taking any chances though I'm centuries old, I could control my thirst. I've always had.

Today proved that I was wrong.

Gripping the steering wheel tighter, I stepped on the accelator even more eager to get to Cathy, my personal feeder.

Most vampires would prefer to hunt or go to a specific place for feeding purposes. There were a couple of them around the city and I must admit, it was a lucrative investment for pure bloods. As for cover, they would exploit it as a club, but behind those back doors were a different story.

I glanced at the clock on the dashboard. I sighed when I saw it was 10:00pm. I hope Cathy was still awake because right now, I wasn't in the mood to use my predatory skills.

Cathy used to be Marcus' feeder. She was abused and maimed by that sadistic vampire to a degree of manslaughter. She knew about the laws. It was part of protocol for a feeder to be familiar about it. Then one day she came to me, pleading for help.

She couldn't take Marcus anymore. She didn't care she was being paid to give blood. She just wanted out of his wrath.

I did my best to help her and before you know it, she was out of his evil hands.

I used a section in the Sacred Laws of Coexistence on Marcus where no Elder had any power to overrule such clause, because it was binding, and could cost him his title. After all, he did sign up for that clause.

That shut him up for as long as my smugness triumph could last.

From then on, Cathy was grateful and pledged her life to be my feeder in return for my help. I was adamant at first, but she insisted otherwise.

We made simple arrangements; a roof over her head, food and clothing. Of course, I paid for her services, because it was the right thing to do. Humans need blood in their system to function, to breathe, to live. Just like us vampires.

Blood is gold.

And that all happened three years ago, before I met Reagan. Cathy was 19 at the time.

Ten minutes of speed driving, I finally arrived at my destination. The house that I procured for her was a two story one, an average looking for human standards. It was your normal white picket fence neighborhood where the lawn was trimmed and short, as if mowed regularly by a lawnmower. I got out of my car and flitted to her porch. The light to her bedroom was still on, so I knocked on her door three times and heard loud shuffling, well for my ears anyway but for humans, it was muffled.

I heard a distinct sound that had my senses piqued a bit.

Was that a guy I heard?

I heard a click of a lock and the door swung open with a blushing Cathy wearing a short pink lacy nightdress. Her blond hair was mussed up as though someone roved it out of passion. Her pale blue eyes held a certain lust but now, it was slowly dwindling to non-existent.

I cocked my eyebrow,"Did I come on a bad time?" I asked.

She gulped and smiled nervously,"N-no of course not. Come in." She stepped aside so I got in and she closed the door.

She turned to look at me,"Are you thirsty?"

I was getting impatient, "That's why I'm here, is it not?" I said icily. Cathy had been acting weird for the past few months. She became rather intimate whenever I feed on her. I shrug it off because I know it was the effects of feeding, but what had me baffled was that after I had my fill, she was still touching me in ways a lover would.

"Babe, who was that?" A guy said from upstairs. "Come back to bed."

Hmm. Interesting.