Bucky- Control

(Requested by @IOjelsaOI)

Clenching your gloved fists, you suck in a calming breath as you step into the training room in SHIELD's new headquarters. It's not unusual to find you here, but you're known to break the work out machines. Of course, you're doing it on accident, still unfamiliar to your mysterious powers of impenetrable skin, strength, and a sort of shocking system built into your bones- which means you can't touch anyone or they'll end up in a hospital.

All eyes are drawn on you, but no one says a word as you enter the private room made especially for your abilities. The window is tinted so no one can look in unless their faces are pressed against the glass, the walls are a calming shade of blue, and the work out machines are ten times stronger than the ones that everyone's using.

A knock at your door startles you and you nearly snap a weight in your hand, but you uncurl your fingers and it drops by your foot as you stand and answer the door. Your eyes widen.

It's the Winter Solider and Captain America.

"Hey, (Y/n)." Steve says, smiling lightly and gesturing to the man next to him. "This is Bucky. He's pretty new here and keeps breaking the equipment- not on purpose, of course- and I was wondering if you'd mind sharing the room? Only until we have his training block ready, that is."

Gulping nervously, you wring your ungloved hands and tuck them behind you. "S-Sure, I don't mind. As long as he doesn't.. come near me, it'll be fine."

Bucky's eyes shoot to yours in anger, and Steve laughs uneasily. "Yeah, I've told him of you.. condition and he's fine with it."

Stepping to the side, Bucky stomps in and you smile weakly at Steve before closing the door.

"I-I didn't mean to come off so harsh," You say quietly, sitting down at your original spot and pick up the weight. "I just don't want to hurt you, is all."

"You could hurt me if you tried." He snaps, his voice oddly harsh and gravely as he lays down and begins to do push-ups with ease.

Oh, that's right. His metal arm. "If I touched your skin, then yes, I could hurt you." You mutter, cringing as he pauses.

"What?"

You've done it now, (Y/n). "I-I just.. I mean, unless you can feel your metal arm, it wouldn't hurt you if I'd touch it." He's up on his feet and in front of you in a flash. The weight in your hand snaps. "Not again.."

His eyes are slightly squinted as he sits on the bench in front of you. "So you can.. make me feel pain if you touch my skin?"

You nod slowly. "I don't know where you're going with this-"

"Touch it," He holds out his metal arm and you instinctively flinch away. "Please."

You sigh, meeting his eyes briefly before hesitantly reaching forward. Your hand just brushes his fingers when he shoots up and gasps. "Holy-"

"I'm sorry!" You yelp, screwing your eyes shut and covering them with your palms. "I'm really sorry! Please don't hate me! I didn't mean to hurt yo-"

His laughing cuts you off. It sounds almost awkward, like he hasn't laughed in a long time. "You didn't hurt me, (Y/n),"

You're silent for a moment until you peek through your fingers to find Bucky smiling stiffly. "I didn't?"

He shakes his head. "No. I'm fine. Actually, scratch that. I'm more than fine- I'm great!"

You drop your hands and blink at him. "So you felt my touch?"

He nods.

"And it didn't hurt?"

He nods again. "Yeah. It felt really strange, but no pain whatsoever."

You then find yourself grinning, but it falters when you look at his human hand. "So I can touch prosthetic limbs, big deal. I still can't make contact with any actual human skin."

He sits down and places his metal hand on yours awkwardly. The smooth surface makes you shiver at the cold, but it's the closest you'll ever come to touching another human being. At least for now.