I. Chapter 2 | Part 2 - Aubree

God, I must be hungry, she thought, averting her gaze.

"Thank you. Have a seat and we will bring your order out to you shortly," Becky said as Dan placed a hand on the curve of her back and coaxed her away.

He guided her to another table and as they sat down, he gestured to the corner of his lips with his thumb. "Um, Bree, you got a little..."

He trailed off as she felt her cheeks heat up even more. Hastily wiping away the drool, she wondered how she managed to drool again.  Awash with embarrassment, she hid behind her hands as she pressed them to her face. This day could not get any worse.

Dan chuckled. "Don't worry. The food will get here in a minute." He leaned his chin against his hand, propped up on the table. His head was tilted slightly, where the tips of his hair brushed against the wall. 

She glanced at the man who just came in at the counter, feeling her heart skip a beat. She suddenly felt boxed in, like the space shrunk and the stranger was standing right next to her instead of twenty-five feet away.

Long blond hair fell a few inches past his shoulders. He had it tucked behind his ear so her eyes could trail along his defined, square jawline, where a thin beard grew, making him look like he'd just stepped out of the woods after two weeks of being lost. He had to be close to thirty, maybe twenty-eight, and about six and a half feet tall with a thick, muscular built. A simple cotton white tee clung to his torso, drawing attention to this broad shoulders, thick biceps, and visible six-pack abs.

His piercing blue eyes met with hers for a split second before she quickly diverted her gaze.

Holy cow on steroids!

Luckily, before Dan could catch her eyes growing wide, his attention focused behind her, the food came out and was placed in front of them.

"I'll be right back with your drinks," the woman, a younger petite brunette, said before she hurried off.

Aubree stared at the food. She could still feel the man's gaze on her, making her gulp.

"There you go," Dan said, picking up a fork and knife and plunging them into a heavenly smelling cinnamon roll. "Dig in."

She couldn't though. Not while the stranger stared at her.

Not wanting to worry Dan, she picked up a chocolate croissant and bit into the warm flaky roll. Upon melting in her mouth, she immediately forgot about the staring stranger. "Mmmm."

"Good, huh?"

"It was worth it."

He raised an eyebrow at her as she continued to moan. Glancing around, he shifted in his seat before leaning forward and whispering, "Do you have to sound like you're having an orgasm?"

"Foodgasm," she corrected, licking the chocolate from her fingers. "It's not the same."

A muffled chuckle caught her attention and her eyes flicked to the man still standing at the counter. His blue eyes danced before his expression grew serious again.

Crap, did he hear that too?

Ignoring the heat flaring up again in her cheeks, she turned back to her food and began to eat more quietly, stifling the desire to express her fondness for the delightful flavors mingling with her taste buds.

Through the corner of her eye, she saw the man take a large paper cup from the counter and stroll to the table she had previously glanced at by the window.

The frothing machine swirled and bubbled before her coffee and Dan's cappuccino came out.

She chatted idly with Dan while they ate and drank. Aubree told him about the animal she'd almost hit last night, and he expressed concern and understanding about her unhappiness given the disaster that had been his apartment only hours ago.