| Lions Den |

"Ladies and gentleman, we will resume this next week, please have a lovely weekend." Professor Fahr yelled over the sound of students tussling with their belongings as we packed up to leave. "Don't forget, papers are due Tuesday. Please have them in the drop box by midnight."

I gathered up my books and bag and headed toward the exit door.

"Ms. Davis?" I turned. My eyes low and tired as I walked toward my wide eyed professor.

"Is everything okay?" She asked with concern.

"Yeah, just a little tired. Didn't get much sleep last night." I struggled to smile but my weak cheeks could not pull through. "Work."

"Ms. Davis, I hope you feel better by next week. I guess you will be spending your weekend in bed?" She toyed. "I understand working for school is tiring. I just hope that if you have any problem with getting assignments in, please feel free to bring it to my attention."

Appreciating her empathy for my current situation, I thanked her and left her class.

The sun kissed my skin as I stepped out of the main building. Swarms of students passed me by. Some students just escaping a day of stress, others on their way to their deaths; class. I glanced at my watch. I had five minutes to make it to my train before it pulled off but I knew that it was impossible.

Sighing out, I prepared to wait for the next departing train that leaves in over an hour.

A slow moving vehicle pulled in front of me. Its red paint glistened under the light. Its tinted windows hid the driver so perfectly.

I frowned because I knew exactly who it was. Joshua. He rolled down his dark tinted window. A innocent pretty boy smile on his face, he signaled for me to come.

My stubbornness was urging me to flip him off and walk away for standing me up last night. However my tired, drained body was pushing me to accept the ride.

I opened the passenger door and sat in. He pulled off.

My arms crossed and my eyes shooting death glares out of front windshield, I ignored his attempts to catch my attention.

"I guess you're mad at me?"

"You think dickhead."

"Again, I'm sorry. Family issues came up and I needed to settle it." He tried to explain. "It's...complicated."

I could hear the distress in his voice. I looked at him. His eyes were unfocused as he stared out of the front windshield. I began to feel bad and also curious of what got him so unsettled.

"What happened?" I questioned.

"I can explain it to you tonight. Over dinner?" I didn't want to accept him so easily but seeing his desperate attempts to give me the 'puppy eyes', I gave in.

"Okay."

"Good."

_______

I ran the brush through my bone straight shoulder length hair as I swooshed around a cap full of mouth wash. After a moment, I spat the rinse out and applied my black lipstick. I was going for a dark, mysterious look tonight. A black dress with a V-neck that showed a little cleavage. Mid-thigh which complimented my smooth waxed legs and black ankle heeled boats.

I ran out of the bathroom and down the stairs to ready for my night. I need this night. Hell, I hope this night end with a good time. Sexual frustration is no joke...

"What are you still doing here?" Blake pulled a snack from the kitchen cupboard. "I thought you were heading out?" She questioned.

"I was." I frowned. I looked at the time, disappointed once again, I texted Joshua a message but still, there was no reply.

"Damn boo. To hell with him." She picked up her black blazer and put it on. She was dressed to impress I see. She was wearing a black pencil skirt and a white blouse with white pumps to match. Her ruby red lipstick complimented her full lips, curly brunette hair, and green eyes.

"Are you going out?"

"Yup, me and a few friends heading off." She answered.

"Well have fun." I hated how she was able to go out for a night of fun but I, even on my weekend off, was planning to spend my night chowing down on greasy foods and watching Twilight Breaking dawn part 1 and 2. I refuse.

Deciding that I was going to head out even if I had to do it alone, I picked up my phone and sent Alexa a text, urging her to meet me at the 'Lion's Den' for a drink and entertainment.

*****

"Thanks." I handed the cab driver a twenty dollar bill and exited the cab. Loud music from the establishment could be heard from a two block radius. Men and women stood outside of the club, socializing with each other, laughing and acting a fool.

I walked up to the door. I greeted the bouncer before he unclipped the red stanchion and allowed me in.

I walked in. The blue and red light flickered off the walls of the large spot. Music drummed throughout the club as guest huddled on the dance floor, dancing and grinding against one another. I slipped past the lively crowd and over to the bar.

"Can get a shot of tequila?" I requested.

"Coming right up."

He walked away and returned with a shot. I handed him my money to pay for my drink but he refused.

"Compliments of the gentleman over there." He pointed to a fairly handsome man sitting at the other end of the bar.

"Oh." He raised his shot as did I. simultaneously, we took our shot. The seemingly warm alcoholic beverage burned my throat. I quickly picked up my lime and bit into it.

I mouthed the words 'thank you' to the gentleman in regards to the drink.

"Slow down mama, you couldn't wait for me?" Alexa took the stool beside me.

"Took you long enough slow ass." I was just happy she actually came out on such short notice.

"Relax girl, it is not easy riding into the city." She explained. "What I miss? Do I need to catch up?" She flagged the bartender and requested a shot of tequila as well. Immediately upon receiving it, she drunk it with a straight face.

"Alcoholic." I teased.

"Nope. Just experienced." She toyed. "I didn't come all this way and dress this good for nothing. Let's turn this up."

"Well alright."

______